IT Security Analyst
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
BE AN IT SECURITY ANALYST @DDB
At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In
Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive
leaps they couldn't make alone that help them grow beyond their
wildest dreams and move target audiences to action.
What will you be working on?
We are seeking an IT Security Analyst reporting to the Global
CISO to assist in the implementation and maturity of the Cyber
Security program. The IT Security Analyst will contribute to the
creation of baselines, guidelines and procedures. Also accountable
for conducting third party assessments, risk, governance and
compliance, and privacy assessments.
The opportunity to evaluate new technologies and processes as
assigned and will provide security recommendations and mitigation
strategies as well as the opportunity to lead security projects and
participate in other organizational projects addressing Information
If you're looking for the same, DDB is right for you.
What will your role involve?
- Contributor to Incident Response planning, tabletop exercises,
runbook creation and document recertification.
- Ability to understand current and emerging security
threats/vulnerabilities within DDB, communicate impact based on
potential risk, and prioritize and drive mitigation and remediation
- Ability to manage schedules to drive continuous operational
improvement and remediation initiatives, and assure these solutions
are delivered in line with DDB standards.
- Provide a point of escalations and support to the Security
Operations Center and other augmented security teams.
- Define, develop, implement and manage standards, policies,
procedures, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize security,
service availability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage relationships with other
- Meeting internal and external audit requirements and gathering
and providing information to auditors
- Responds to incidents, investigates violations, and recommends
enhancements to plug potential security gaps
- Trains users on security protocols, promotes security
awareness, develops policies and procedures, and provides updates
and reports to management and executive staff.
- Utilizes specialized expertise, up-to-date knowledge &
proficiency in analysis, forensics, and reverse engineering to
monitor and diagnose malware events & vulnerability issues
resulting in Web threats that facilitate cybercrime, including
malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, information
warfare, and hacking.
- On call support will be required
What are the core skills and experience we're after?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of information security
- Knowledge and understanding of information risks, concepts,
principles and industry standards, including: NIST, ISO 27001, and
- Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing and networking for incident
- Experience developing, documenting, and maintaining security
policies, processes, procedures and standards
- Must have a proven track record of excellent research and
- Outstanding experience creating, reports, scorecard and
- Cross-team functionality essential to understand business needs
for existing clients and new vendors
What type of competencies are we looking for?
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Generates new ideas and methods to further the mission of
- Accepting responsibility for the sphere of services he or she
provides. Takes ownership and responds positively to address
mistakes, resolve complaints and improve quality.
- Effectively communicates in the interest of the agencies,
department, and customers alike. Fosters cooperation and teamwork
among staff, speaks and writes clearly and in a well-organized
- Practices effective problem-solving; Improves skills and
pursues learning opportunities in areas of responsibility to
further this trait.
- Gathers relevant information systematically to generate
solutions. Is adept at using statistical/financial information to
solve problems. Grasps complexities and perceives relationships
- Works efficiently for results; Conveys a sense urgency and
drives issues to closure.
DDB is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job
postings to minimize biased language. DDB does not make hiring or
employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed,
gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital
status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual
orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by
applicable local, state or federal law. DDB will also consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
in a manner similar with local laws. Our goal is to be actively
unbiased and positively inclusive workplace.
Keywords: DDB, New York , IT Security Analyst, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!