Director of Finance
Company: DSV Road Transport
Posted on: June 12, 2021
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV
in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th
largest supplier of global solutions within transport and
logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply
chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing
and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many
offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of
goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over
the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close
to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Division: Air & Sea US
Location: Iselin, New Jersey
Job Posting Title: Director of Finance, Regional Shared Service
Center North America
Time Type: Full Time
Director of Finance, Regional Shared Service Center North
The Director of Finance for the Regional Shared Service Center
for North America will develop strategy and drive execution on key
finance processes related to Customer, Vendor and Intercompany
transactions. This position will help define, lead, and execute all
aspects finance transformation that may include process and policy
development and deployment, financial/operational alignment across
divisions in both the United States and Canada. The Director will
own the strategy and execution transition of the current business
processes to external shared service providers. This position works
under the supervision of the Vice President of Finance, Air & Sea
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for roll out of global vision and strategy for
local Shared Services Organization and delivering on goals that
will advance the Shared Services model.
- The candidate will lead, attract, and develop a team of highly
capable skilled finance support professionals to maintain the
business needs, encourage inclusiveness, and aspire to create a
great place to work.
- Build proactive and collaborative relationships with
stakeholders and cultivate a culture of teamwork.
- Effective Governance and performance management reviews with
key customers and business partners. Accountability for service
delivery against agreed and evolving KPI's.
- Be an advocate to digitalize and automate shared services
processes through agile execution and optimal use of
- Maintain process integrity, internal controls, and ensure
compliance with the Controller's manual.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting according to needs and
expectations and keeps Executive Team informed and demonstrates
commitment to open communication in an effort to fully participate
in organizational problem-solving, decision making and strategic
- Lead the organization to be increasingly process focused to
improve service to the organization, increase efficiency, and
reduce redundant or manual effort.
- Builds, develops, and improves operations, processes, and
procedures in Shared services to support strategic direction.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others
regarding the financial discipline.
- Establishes and maintains credibility for the finance
- Educates managers, directors and executives on shared service
issues impacting their areas of responsibilities.
- Guides identification and implementation of various technology
platforms and determines appropriate and cost-effective technology
solutions that are strategically aligned to support overall goals
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Results Oriented: The ideal candidate will be results-driven
and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The candidate
must possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and be willing
to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the
ability to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and
- Strong analytical skills and a critical thinker; must have the
ability to use excellent judgment and resolve issues with dexterity
and effective decision making.
- Strong knowledge of operational business processes
- Ability to operate successfully across diverse geographical
locations and cultures.
- Extremely well organized and self-directed, diplomatic and
adept at developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
within a team dynamic.
- Good educator and developer of people who is trustworthy and
willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Decisive and "big picture" perspective; well versed in systems
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and
Educational Background / Work Experience
- BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent is
- Three or more years in a Financial Leadership role
- Experience working in the freight forwarding industry a
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and
- Knowledge of SAP required
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are
considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color,
national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status,
marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national
origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require
special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with
DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are
interested in learning the status of your application, please note
you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources
contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV
reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the
transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80
countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences
and high-quality services - as part of the operation or in a
variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy
responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your
potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com
Keywords: DSV Road Transport, New York , Director of Finance, Other , Iselin, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!