Company: Northwell Health
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Performs general clerical and receptionist duties supporting the
patient care unit, including preparing, compiling and maintaining
- Performs a variety of duties relative to admission, discharge
and/or transfer of patients.
- Prepares patient charts and assembles new admission
- Transmits discharge notices to appropriate departments.
Notifies assigned departments when patients are admitted,
discharged, transferred, placed on "condition serious" list,
- Performs a variety of clerical duties required to maintain
- Reviews patient charts and other related data for accuracy and
completeness of information.Ensures required signatures have been
- Files all hard copy documents in patient charts.
Assembles discharged patient charts and forwards completed chart
to Medical Records within established time interval and hospital
- Performs a variety of clerical duties essential to operation of
patient care unit, as directed.
- Schedules patients for special tests, consultations,
- Prepares various records and reports (i.e daily census, staff
- Distributes mail, packages and flowers to patients.
- Maintains current and neat bulletin, directory and locator
boards for unit.
- Maintains chart areas, desks, files, etc in a neat and orderly
- Notifies supporting departments of needs/changes on patient
unit (i.e environmental, maintenance, dietary issues).
Maintains department supply inventory.
- Acts as a receptionist on unit.
- Directs and provides information to visitors.
- Uses appropriate telephone etiquette and knowledge of telephone
system to facilitate communication of the patient units.
- Answers intercom, assists visitors and distributes incoming
mail.Answers routine questions or refers to appropriate individual
- Receives and transmits messages accurately and promptly.
Acts as representative of hospital to patients and visitors and
as such is appropriately attired and promotes good public
- Provides coverage where needed at the request of supervisory
- Accesses medication delivery and/or medication areas, as
authorized, in the performance of required duties, as needed.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior clerical experience, preferred.
- Typing 30 wpm and/or data entry skills (80 keystrokes per
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Unit Receptionist, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!