Asset Management - Alternatives Commercial Mortgage Loan Group Underwriter - Vice President
Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Commercial Mortgage Loan Group - JPMorgan Asset Management,
Vice President - Underwriter
- Underwriter responsible for underwriting commercial mortgage
loans for various funds and separately managed accounts.
- Size and make recommendations on new prospective
- Help prepare quote letters and loan applications
- Present prospective investments to internal investment
committee for approval
- Conduct property and market due diligence to vet underwriting
- Prepare internal valuations which include base case and
- Manage the due diligence process and prepare loan approval
- Assist with the closing process which includes preparing
closing statements and the coordination of loan funding with
- A minimum of 5 years experience with an institutional real
estate investor or lender with responsibility for real estate
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental real estate cash flow and
valuation analysis for office, industrial, retail and multifamily
- Ability to analyze real estate markets and sub-markets and the
positioning of the subject property within them.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to model complex financial
structures. Proficiency in Argus property/portfolio modeling
software as well as excel.
- Seasoned credit skills with ability to prepare credit memo and
present to credit committee.
- Ideal candidate will also have significant experience with deal
management of complex, large loans and/or subordinate financing
- Proven risk identification and structuring skills to mitigate
- Working knowledge of loan documentation (including
intercreditor agreements) and experience managing legal aspects of
- Ability to review and analyze third party reports including
engineering, environmental and appraisal analyses.
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the closing and
- Superb interpersonal skills to establish and manage
relationships with borrowers, mortgage bankers, participating
lenders, lawyers and team members.
- Experience should include exposure to the public markets,
rating agencies and CMBS and REIT markets but does not require
extensive investment experience.
- Highly organized, diligent and detail oriented.
- Strong project management skills to manage a large volume of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Formal credit training is desired, but not requisite.
- Significant initiative and team orientation required.
- Experience must demonstrate that the candidate has all of the
skills listed above.
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase & Co., New York , Asset Management - Alternatives Commercial Mortgage Loan Group Underwriter - Vice President, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!