Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
A registered Professional Nurse under the direction of the
Nursing Manager is responsible for planning, directing,
implementing, coordinating and evaluating nursing care for a
specific unit during her/his tour of duty.
- Reports to work on time, alert and appropriately dressed during
entire tour of duty.
- Will conduct herself/himself in a professionally acceptable
manner with all residents employee's and visitors.
- Will wear name pin during entire tour of duty.
- Receives report from previous shift, making sure that he/she
has received all pertinent information on each resident.
- Assigns duties to professional and other nursing personnel
based on resident's needs, available staff and unit needs.
- Organizes assignment for efficient use of time.
- Sets priorities in meeting the needs of resident's.
- Continuously evaluates behavior symptoms, reaction, and
progress of residents and discusses pertinent information with
- In the absence of medication/treatment nurse: Administers all
medications according to established policies and procedures and
physician's orders. Performs all treatments according to
physician's specific order and established policies and
- Supervises and evaluates work performance in terms of residents
care. staff relations, development of subordinates and efficiency
of patient care through observation and sufficient periodic review
to assure work assignments are completed.
- Cooperates with other members of the medical team with other
disciplines in coordinating resident's total plan of care.
- Identifies, studies and documents problems and promotes the
efficient delivery of resident care and assists personnel in
developing and managing to resolution.
- Observes nursing care and visits residents to insure that
nursing care is carried out as directed and treatment is
administered in accordance with physicians instructions; assesses
Resident's emotional status and ascertains need for additional or
- Maintains, audits, and is also accountable for the staff's
recording reporting and interpreting of resident's behavior,
response and progress as required by the Code/Rules and Regulations
of New York State and Ferncliff Nursing Home.
- May participates in Resident Care Conference and makes
appropriate recommendations and/or referrals to meet Resident's
needs. Will communicate to other members of the staff a team
approach to nursing care an understanding of Residents needs.
- Operates or supervises operation of specialized equipment
assigned to unit and provides assistance and guidance to nursing
team as required. Directs and ensures cleanliness of specialized
- May schedules appointments for Residents with a physician for
emergency, monthly and yearly examinations. Accompanies physician
on rounds to answer questions, receive instructions, note
resident's care requirements, and explain ordered procedures and
treatments to residents.
- May review medications and treatment regimen with physician
monthly to determine need for changes and modifications.
- Complies daily reports of care and condition of resident's and
transmits same to next shift along with reports of any unusual
- May render professional nursing care and will ensure that a
licensed nurse is in the dining room at each meal. Monitors tray
service on unit.
- Encourages Resident's to participate in activities based on
individual needs and goals and ensures that other appointments do
not interfere with hours that activities are scheduled.
- Responsible for documentation and transcription of physician's
- Ensures that nursing rehabilitation recommendations are carried
- Reviews and revises plan of care on any resident as
- Writes detailed monthly summary, nurse's notes, according to
established policy and schedule.
- Orders medication, supplies and equipment as needed and ensures
their proper utilization.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One year experience working as a staff nurse in a geriatric
setting is preferred.
- Currently licensed as a professional nurse in the State of New
Keywords: Archcare, New York , Registered Nurse, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!