Engineer / Rooms Preventative Maintenance / House Attendant -Residence Inn Saddle River
Company: Highgate Hotels
Location: Saddle River
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Engineer / Rooms Preventative Maintenance / House Attendant,
is responsible for ensuring that the property is maintained in the
best possible condition at all times with the least amount of
inconvenience to customers and employees.
- Pick up trash both inside the hotel and the outside
surroundings and take it to the dumpster
- At times assist with laundry
- Strip guest rooms of linen and trash
- Clean and repair carpets
- Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters,
clean coils, replace motors.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers,
chillers, HVAC-Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning,
- Take required readings on equipment.
- Test cooling tower and record readings.
- Replace and program televisions as needed.
- Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and
- Perform furniture repair.
- Replace and repair pumps.
- Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe,
change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc).
- Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring
- Trace and repair all types of water lines.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal
- Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
- Paint designated areas.
- Repair and finish sheet rock.
- Repair all types of wall coverings.
- Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field required.
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or
related field preferred.
- Trade school and/or College course work in related field
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently
and/or in excess of 20 pounds Must be able to effectively
communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees
and guests in an attentive, friendly courteouse and service
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, New York , Engineer / Rooms Preventative Maintenance / House Attendant -Residence Inn Saddle River, Other , Saddle River, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!