Senior Systems Analyst (1081510_RR00049566)
Company: NYU Langone Medical Center
Location: New York City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's
top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of
Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who
have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the
lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health,
the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to
improving the human condition through medical education, scientific
research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to
med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed,
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Systems
This Senior Systems Analyst will bring extensive experience
designing and executing computer simulations of biological and
clinical systems. This position will develop and implement novel
computer simulations and other mathematical models of disease and
treatment, as well as support and extend existing models and
simulations. The Senior Systems Analyst will work on Dr. Anna
Bershteyns mathematical modeling team in the Department of
Population Health of NYU Langone Health, performing research
focused on comparative effectiveness and decision science to
address a variety of topical areas, including, but not limited to
HIV, tuberculosis, and COVID-19 use. Examples of this research
application include studying the optimal use of of point-of-care
rapid testing for HIV and COVID-19 in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Develop computer simulations and other mathematical models of
disease treatment and transmission, working with the Principal
Investigator, other faculty and staff, and graduate
students/post-docs. Types of models/simulations include but are not
limited to agent-based network transmission models,
population-based epidemic models, Markov and Monte Carlo
- Modify, calibrate, validate, and apply computer simulations of
HIV, COVID-19, tuberculosis and other disease areas in the context
of different patient populations and clinical settings, including
- Meet regularly with internal program team and external
stakeholders, including but not limited to local and international
health authorities, normative agencies such as the World Health
Organization, and collaborating researchers and consortia.
- Communicate with the program team about modeling work in a
clear, articulate manner.
- Provide support with literature searches, IRB compliance, grant
proposals and deliverables, and publications.
- Position may include travel within the New York region and to
- The scope of the position may involve managerial
responsibilities and/or scientific writing.
- To qualify you must have a Education and Training:
- Masters degree required, PhD preferred, in operations research,
computer science, applied mathematics, or related field, or a
degree in an adjacent field with a minimum of two years equivalent
- Submission of transcript indicating excellence in related
coursework, and/or code and writing samples demonstrating
proficiency through work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python, R, Matlab, etc. with at
least beginner-level experience in C/C++. The interview process
will include requirements to provide code sample.
- Experience implementing complex mathematical algorithms
including code testing and debugging.
- Experience in full spectrum of software life cycle. Must be
able to take on high-level project requirements, and work both
independently and as a team member to create a specification, data
requirements, implementation plan, and act as primary
- Experience working independently on similar projects.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to take ownership of projects and work with great
independence and sound judgment.
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail.
- Willing to ask for help and assistance from team members
(proactively scheduling meetings to discuss questions, etc.).
- Demonstrate an interest in HIV, TB and COVID-19 biology and
other healthcare topics, clinical care, decision analytic methods,
biostatistics, and epidemiology.
- Possess time management skills and the ability to
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO
policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal
"EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Medical Center, New York , Senior Systems Analyst (1081510_RR00049566), Other , New York City, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!