Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive
range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure
the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual
investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a
comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments
through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For
more information about the firm please visit our website at
Senior Business Systems Analyst
The Senior Business Systems Analyst analyzes business and
information needs in order to design optimal systems solutions.
Working under minimal supervision, this job designs system
solutions that are appropriate for business needs and consistent
with the overall design of the organization's information systems
architecture. This job also recommends improvements to the existing
IT systems and processes.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and analyzes business needs, conducts requirement
gathering, and defines scope and objectives of each project.
- Makes recommendations for solutions or improvements to business
processes that can be accomplished through new technology or
alternative uses of existing technology.
- Translates business requirements into application requirements,
and works with all members of the team to execute the application
- Engages client teams and explains moderately complex
initiatives in an understandable manner, while also addressing any
hesitations or concerns from the client.
- Estimates the costs of various system solutions and prepares
project plans to provide input into decisions about prioritizing
projects and allocating IT resources.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation to guide system
users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and
development of the system.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- 3 Years Required; 5 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
Additional Education Requirements
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- 3+ years' experience in the financial services industry,
supporting buy-side technology, specifically with fixed income
- 2+ years' of experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Experience supporting Bloomberg AIM. Exposure to Charles River
Investment Management System is a plus.
- Broad background in trading including but not limited to
trading systems, execution management systems, order management,
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Proven ability to efficiently communicate with others, both
verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to make
- An in-depth understanding of systems development lifecycle.
Ability to perform detailed analysis on these systems at all phases
of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to consider the business implications of the
application technology to the current and future state business
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or
technology related field.
Potential Salary: $100,200.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to,
relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers,
prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In
addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may
include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive
program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary
incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other
non-annual incentive plans).
The organization is committed to making financial well-being
possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the
well-being of our associates. That's why we offer a comprehensive
Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the
lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include
a superior retirement program and highly competitive health,
wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and
maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial
well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age,
race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our
online application process to provide an equal employment
opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable
accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the
below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the
TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU
/ UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant