Sr. Leader of Solutions Architecture - US-Northeast - Healthcare & Life Sciences
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and
motivated technical managers to lead, coach, grow, and partner with
technically skilled, customer-facing Solution Architects. This role
is based in the US Northeast and supports the Enterprise business
leading a team of technical solution architects and other team
You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions
architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices,
solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how
to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying
size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will enable
business outcomes across a broad set of customers. If you think you
have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring
Sr. Leaders for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and
credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the
customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy
learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues
and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore,
thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and
considering the value technology creates for our customers, and
helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of
the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as
develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction
You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and
partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services
teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as
representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history".
In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how
to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to
take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You
will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud
computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise
and mid-market customers.
- Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions,
business-IT transformations, or relevant consulting experience. The
ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions
Architect or similar role and managing a team of a Solutions
Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills
honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions
to deep architecture discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engage with customers and key AWS business partners such as
professional services, partners, support, and the services
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects
from internal and external sources
- Educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of AWS,
and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions
are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct
one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer
deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS
solutions architect community
- Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer
accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates"
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service
engineering teams and support
- 5+ years leading teams, including hiring & performance
management, in technical sales
- 5+ years sales, technical pre-sales, product development, or
customer facing resources
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with
Executives and/or Developers
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal
and external organizations
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions
to the cloud
- Open to travel up to 30% (not in 2021, possibly in 2022).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., New York , Sr. Leader of Solutions Architecture - US-Northeast - Healthcare & Life Sciences, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!