Highwire Public Relations is a leading technology public
relations agency based in San Francisco with offices in New York
City, Boston and Chicago. We work with a wide range of clients
across cloud technology, enterprise, security, financial services
technology (fin-tech), and healthcare as well as consumer products
Highwire has been named Technology Agency of the Year and Best
Agency to work for by PRWeek, PRovoke and Inc. Magazine. We are a
learning culture that welcomes diverse perspectives to develop our
teams, coach for career growth and embrace new ideas.
At Highwire PR, we are entrepreneurs, makers, and explorers. We
are committed to fostering an inclusive agency environment, where
every employee can be seen, heard, and valued. We believe in taking
and owning a seat at the table, and the equal importance of
creating empowered spaces for diverse storytellers. We seek to
hire, develop, and retain talented professionals from a wide range
of backgrounds. Applicants from historically marginalized or
underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
We're looking for a visionary, creative type with 5+ years of
experience growing teams and delighting clients. As an Account
Manager, you will lead 3 to 4 teams doing everything from
developing high-level strategy with clients to making magic happen
with media, influencers and social media. Rock-solid writing
skills, an in-depth knowledge of the technology industry and
proficiency with all things digital and social are a must. We also
take pride in our passionate and contemporary standard, so you
should have a track record of leading edge thinking to develop
programs that have a meaningful and relevant business impact. And,
we love and adore our staff at all levels so we're looking for
someone to inspire and energize their teams and take Highwire to
new heights. Technology background and established relationships
with consumer tech media.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Media/Influencer Relations
- Strong relationships particularly with business, broadcast and
influencer media and ability to direct staff to develop the
- Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to
engage and support efforts.
- Ongoing engagement of media for the agency (e.g. blog Q&A,
lunch talks, etc.)
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content
campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
Client Service/Management Ability to manage PR Programs from
kick off through achieving goals. Ability to set aggressive but
achievable goals based on generating news and ongoing coverage.
Exceptional client management skills and deep personal investment
in client success.Ability to manage through periods of change or
challenge. Ability to think clearly and project confidence amid
crisis situations or in the face of strong competition. Day to day
contact for clients. Develop budget and team priority allocations
and identify opportunities to increase budget. Lead media training
sessions with clients including developing key messages and all
follow up from session.
Writing Proficiencies Ability to generate a plan for a campaign
or an entire PR program. Ability to generate and edit award
submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders,
biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles,
speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company
memorandum and general team correspondence; also responsible for
their production and assembly. Professional, articulate and timely
client communication. Development of consistent, creative,
- Maintain 2 direct reports, assist in development of goals for
reports, deliver annual reviews and quarterly check ins.
- Participation in new business process including proactively
identifying new targets, research and presenting at pitch.
- Identify, attend and encourage others to attend networking
- Maintain a respectful, enthusiastic, and professional attitude
towards coworkers, clients, and outside colleagues and lead team by
- Support teams and manage up and down.
- Responsible use of flexible work policies.
- Uses Highwire social channels; writes for Highwire blog.
- Mentor junior staff to elevate development.
- Proactively set up quarterly goals with principal; track
against goals and demonstrate growth.
- Effectively prioritize responsibilities based on impact,
timelines, workflow and client goals.
- Drive projects forward independently, eliminating the need for
managers to consistent check in re: follow through/ task
- Identify areas for self-improvement and bring suggestions and
solutions to management.
- Consistently hit deadlines or give enough notice if you
- Attends regular networking events.
Highwire Perks Include
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Excellent vacation policy including office closure between
Christmas and New Years
- 401K Match
- Medical and dental benefits/ FSA
- Commuter Benefit
- Curiosity Stipend
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefit
- Calm Meditation App
- Donation Match
- Full-time writing Coach
- Monthly recognition programs
- Summer Friday Hours
- Quarterly Highwire fun events - Thanksgiving is our favorite
- Dog friendly work environment
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many
opportunities for learning and growth
The duties delineated above will vary depending on the needs of
each specific account, and in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties to be performed by this employee. They will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
duties requested by their supervisors.
If you are the breakout candidate we seek, please apply now by
uploading your resume.