Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Quadpay, a Zip company (ASX: Z1P), we give millions of savvy
shoppers the freedom and flexibility to pay anywhere with our
leading Buy Now, Pay Later platform.
We're here to do things differently. We are a fairer, digital
alternative to the broken credit card model, giving consumers the
freedom to split any purchase into 4 instalments over 6 weeks, with
zero interest or hidden fees. We also help merchants and businesses
to grow by offering them best-in-class products that improve
conversion, increase basket sizes and delight their customers.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our
Mamba mentality - how we're better than yesterday, and are used to
create game-changing experiences for our customers and our
We're a high-growth team with endless opportunities as we scale.
Come and join the sQuad.
We are looking for a creative leader. Someone that motivates
from the inside out, fueled by a desire to make great,
game-changing work that has a big impact on the world. You have
years of experience leading campaigns and executing world-class
design; ready to dive into hands-on projects in a fast-paced
culture, lead a team authentically with dedication, and see the big
picture while keeping your eye on the details that align across all
brand aspects. You have a modern outlook and aesthetic sense that
strives to be design-forward, visually compelling and push
You are well-versed, organized, and direct in managing
relationships as well as the creative process with external
agencies. You know how to drive and empower a team to create from
an inspired place while getting their projects done and elevating
their creative output within tight deadlines.
Our ideal creative director produces work that has a meaningful
impact on a global business and consumers alike. You are excited to
be a part of a fast growing tech company that has the power to
shift the way people think about their finances. You are at ease on
small and large-scale, national and or global campaigns alike. You
have experience at both long established companies and start-up
environments where things move fast.
Overall, you care about truly great design, well thought out
systems that function well and can translate, elevate and flourish
across a multitude of platforms. You are an original visual
thinker, bringing new concepts and ideas to the table.
What You'll Do
- Be in your element leading multiple large scale creative
projects with different teams simultaneously in a fast paced
- Lead and manage, as well as engage and inspire growing teams in
- Manage the entire process with external agencies from brief to
final delivery, while constantly improving efficiency,
communication, feedback and the creative output as well as
upholding brand consistency.
- Direct all phases of creative development-from concept through
production-across all channels, formats, platforms, products and
- Lead cross-functional team collaboration
- Work with art directors and designers to bring concepts to
life. Be an effective and detailed communicator to set all teams up
for success and let them bring their best ideas to the table as
- Work with ease in communicating and design directing between
web, app and traditional graphic design teams.
- You will be comfortable communicating in different design
languages and have an understanding of production and builds for
product and web as well.
- Work within an established brand framework, but aim to
constantly develop and improve.
- Generate original thinking ideas, inspire the team and company
to do their best work.
- Show new standards of excellence in design thinking and
- Work swiftly to drive design research and create succinct mood
boards before executing on your ideas. Bridge the gap for everyone
involved so the ideas are clear and understandable to be executed
- Attentively review designs created by the internal design team
and freelancers and provide clear and timely feedback for
- Lead internal creative communication and represent the creative
- Improve and streamline processes, ensuring quality asset
delivery across all platforms.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and support to the design
What You Should Have
- 10+ years of professional creative experience, agency, brand
(fashion, luxe or finance preferably) or studio.
- 5+ additional years of management of creative teams.
- Experience creating award-winning, or nationally recognized
work across digital, print, motion, photography, direction, social,
- Technical expertise in the full range of the Creative Suite,
Figma, Content Management tools, project management tools like
Asana, even Google Slides and standard visual presentation
- A true passion for exceptional design-you know grids, systems,
colors, typography and how to work them and push them to their
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates versatility and a broad
range of design and core knowledge and skills
- Experience leading / participating in the design of builds and
production of web pages, app creation and all design assets from
social to email to in-store and everything in between.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to interact with
multiple internal departments
- A self starter and proactive mentality with a desire to always
push, not only the work, but your own knowledge further.
- Keep calm under pressure with the work and with senior
stakeholders. You are good at resolving conflicts and bringing up
issues preemptively to move the ball ahead and make the boat sail
- You push people further, in an inspired way and make things
happen and encourage others to move swiftly and with purpose as
- This is not just a job for you, you are motivated and ambitious
and for not only yourself, but your team, the group, the company
and the consumers and how we can change things together.
- You are a leader from inside out. You know how to make
decisions and take responsibility for the work, empowering,
motivating and encouraging others to take ownership in delivering
the best work of their lives.
- You don't shy away from responsibility for making decisions and
supporting team members in decisions.
- Quick learner with a hunger for knowledge, expansion and desire
to create new tools for the world, with an interest in
understanding the payments industry.
We're looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to
cross - a future member of the sQuad who will obsess over
excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We've
removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see
a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Quadpay!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's
okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe
this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the
curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd
love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that
provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their
age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Quadpay
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Beautiful NYC office with a casual dress code
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and coffee
- Company-sponsored 401k program
- Commuter benefits program
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice,
everywhere and every day.
Keywords: QuadPay, New York , Creative Director, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!