Registered Nurse- General Rehab
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Registered Nurse functions as a caregiver for a specific
patient population in order to achieve desired outcomes. This
position focuses on expanding knowledge and skills, provides
effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a
variety of complex patients. This position directs and oversees the
care provided by other caregivers through delegation, validation,
evaluation, and coordination. This position effectively coordinates
patient care/unit activities among nursing peers, physicians and
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian
- A Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian Health involves the
delivery of nursing practices according to the most up-to-date
evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care,
to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized
patient care. A day in the life of a Registered Nurse includes:
Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health
or the situation.
- Performs age and disease specific assessment / data collection
independently in a systematic manner focusing on physiologic,
psychological and cognitive status.
- Recognizes clinical and diagnostic status changes in patient
Identifies variables in patient/family education needs based on
age, disease, and culturally specific learning differences.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes strategies and
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Formulates age and disease specific patient / family centered
goals / outcomes based on assessment data.
Develops and coordinates a plan of care which is patient /
family focused, prioritized and encompasses the continuum of
- Communicates, coordinates, and implements the plan of
- Provides ongoing communication with patient / family, nursing
colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding
patient's status, rendered care and treatment plans.
- Implements age and disease specific care in an organized and
- Provides or coordinates the patient / family education as
needed and ensures understanding.
- Performs according to established protocols in clinical
situations, including communicating with appropriate persons and
- Provides nursing care and treatments that reflect the patients'
needs, advocates appropriately and demonstrates evidence-based
nursing practice and compliance with standards.
- Performs continuous Point-of-Care electronic documentation of
each individual patient's assessments, plan-of-care, interventions
and evaluation of rendered care.
- Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in
bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the
safest delivery of medications to our patients.
Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe
transitioning and continuum of care.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills based on nursing knowledge to
achieve desired patient outcomes.
Initiates interventions related to patient's change in condition
and unexpected response to care.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Identifies ethical issues in the practice setting and brings
them to the attention of other team members.
- Recognizes and responds to opportunities to enhance patient
- Must acquire and maintain competencies, certifications and
continuing education in order to meet any facility accreditation or
individual licensing requirements.
- Adheres to American Nurses Association Code for Nurses with
- Adheres to HMH Organizational and Managerial competencies and
standards of behavior.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BSN in progress and/or willing to acquire within three (3)
years of hire.
- Must have six (6) or more months of relevant nursing experience
OR must be an active participant with Hackensack Meridian Health
Nurse Residency Program.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient
needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of
our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on
teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and
passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong
sense of patient focus are all required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- National Certification in area of specialty preferred when
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, New York , Registered Nurse- General Rehab, Other , Edison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!