Technical Program Manager
Company: Progyny, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Technical Program Manager will support the Technology
Program and specifically the Engineering team through Kanban/Scrum
Agile methodologies. This role will report to the VP, Program
Management and will also support the Engineering teams in the
timely delivery of business and technical critical initiatives or
improvements to existing solutions.
This includes responsibility for coordinating the development
lifecycle, collaborating with SMEs and stakeholders on the delivery
of key priorities and support items, supporting Progyny teams with
best practices and requirement gathering, and Engineering
management on standard operating procedures
What you'll do
- Ensure that the Engineering teams are supported with a defined
and scalable development life cycle while ensuring that business
critical initiatives and projects are delivered with agreed upon
specifications within a reasonable timeframe.
- Assess the Agile Maturity of the team and organization and
coach the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values,
self-organization and story breakdown
- Organize and facilitate sprint ceremonies for assigned teams
including backlog grooming, planning, stand-ups, reviews and
retrospectives while providing direction and advice on practices
and standards adopted in the project
- Manage and identify both internal and external project risks,
issues, and dependencies, anticipate and remove impediments while
collaborating closely with stakeholders
- Communicate cross-functionally in an effective manner to ensure
technical/non-technical teams are aligned.
- Understand key aspects of the business to ensure requirements,
dependencies, and risks are not missed prior to development.
- Cultivate and sustain effective partnerships to ensure positive
collaboration and consistent experience when working with
- Be a servant leader but enforce the Agile rules
- Ensure Engineering best practices, policies, and standards are
followed, documented, and maintained.
- Bachelor's degree; preferred in STEM or software
- 3+ years of experience in program or product management.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile development methodologies with
technical proficiency required to participate in sprint
- Strong technical skills - don't have to be an engineer but can
navigate APIs, databases, and system architecture.
- Experience coordinating requirements across diverse expertise
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with
emphasis on conflict resolution, coaching, shielding the team and
creating appropriate communication channels
- Strong planning skills with emphasis on forecasting,
prioritization, and estimation.
- Experience working with Project and Software Management tools
(e.g., Jira, Monday).
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced
environment with time-management skills, attention to detail, and
demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish
rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others.
- Certification such as CSM, SAFe, Six Sigma, etc. is a
- Prior healthcare project management experience is a plus.
- Experience in Salesforce-specific projects is a plus.
- Software engineering background is a plus.
Progynyis a leading fertility benefits management company in the
US.We are redefining fertility and family building benefits,
proving that a comprehensive and inclusive fertility solution can
simultaneously benefit employers, patients, and physicians.Our
benefits solution empowers patients with education and guidance
from a dedicated Patient Care Advocate (PCA), provides access to a
premier network of fertility specialists using the latest science
and technologies, reduces healthcare costs for the nation's leading
employers, and drives optimal clinical outcomes. We envision a
world where anyone who wants to have a child can do so.
Our mission is tomake any member's dream of parenthood come true
through a healthy, timely,and supported fertility and family
Come join a companythat'sbeen recognized by Modern Healthcare as
one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
- Family friendly benefits:
- Paid maternity and paternity
- Fertility benefits (including egg freezing and IVF)
- Emergency childcare program
- Parent's group
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees
- Paid vacation and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401K Match
- Monday breakfasts/ Friday lunches/ healthy snacks
- Company social events
- Sit/ stand desks
Progyny is anEqual Opportunity Employer.We respect and seek to
empower each individual and support the diverse cultures,
perspectives,skillsand experiences within our workforce.
Keywords: Progyny, Inc., New York , Technical Program Manager, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!