Relationship Banker I (PT) - NY Soho Br.
Company: Cathay General Bancorp
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work
ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20
on Forbes' Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our
team! At Cathay Bank - we strive to provide a caring culture that
supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our
most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development
empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived
for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due
to our team members' drive and optimism. Together we can make a
difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive
training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional
career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
We are looking for the next generation of Relationship Bankers.
We are willing to train candidates with exceptional communication
and customer service skills. A successful Relationship Banker will
be goal-driven and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Relationship Bankers are the talent behind our retail branches
success. Let us build on our future together!
- Perform deposits and withdrawal transactions.
- Reconcile and balance teller cash drawer.
- Process outgoing wires.
- Essential functions of Safe Deposit box (e.g. entry, opening,
- Assist customers with problem resolution.
- Assist in ATM balancing.
- Detect and report fraudulent or suspicious activities by
completing BSA reporting as required, Currency Transactions Reports
or Monetary Instrument Reports.
- Perform all aspects of new account opening procedures for all
- Answer customer inquiries, make appropriate financial solutions
and recommendations and assist with problem resolution.
- Perform customer service functions such as check orders, change
of address, return mail processing, supersede signature cards, and
other account maintenance changes.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information as well as
Bank proprietary information.
Sales and Service:
- Identify sales opportunities to cross-sell bank products and
services to ensure customers' financial goals are met.
- Provide quality personalized customer service, maintain
frequent customer contact to expand relationships and ensure
- Maintain open communication with Bank business partners and
make referrals as appropriate (e.g. Financial Advisors, Mortgage
Loan Originators, Commercial Lenders).
- Proactively support branch new business promotions.
- College degree in business, accounting or finance preferred or
related work experience.
- 6-12 months of cash handling, customer service in a retail
environment, or sales experience preferred. Banking experience is a
- Desire to learn the banking industry, help others, and work in
a professional environment.
- PC literate and typing proficient.
- Previous experience with data entry, 10-key, banking software,
and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook a plus.
- Detail-oriented and organized with good note taking and
- Good oral and written communication skills - can write clear
messages, initiate conversations, and talk to customers about
products and services.
- Good listening and interpersonal skills - can listen without
interrupting, seeks clarification, responds professionally, and
keeps emotions under control in difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Ability to give and receive feedback to improve skills and job
- Can maintain good attendance and arrive consistently at
scheduled start time.
- Bilingual English/Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Able and willing to commute as required for business
Cathay Bank may collect personal information from potential job
candidates and applicants. For more information on how we handle
personal information and your applicable rights, please review our
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank's
policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified
applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to
any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee
Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or
email@example.com. This contact information is for
accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the
status of applications.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster in English. Poster-
Click here to view the EEO is the Law supplement in
Clic aqu para ver la EEO es la Ley pster en espaol. Poster-
Clic aqu para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en
- Soho, New York, NY 10012, USA
Keywords: Cathay General Bancorp, New York , Relationship Banker I (PT) - NY Soho Br., Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!