Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This role reports to the Executive Housekeeper. The role of the
Assistant Executive Housekeeper entails daily planning, organizing,
recruiting, executing, and controlling all functions of the entire
housekeeping department and laundry. The Assistant Executive
Housekeeper is responsible for directing, supervising, and
coordinating the activities of the housekeeping department on a
daily basis along with ensuring smooth operations to include rooms,
public areas, laundry, and uniform/linen rooms. The Assistant
Executive Housekeeper is expected to maintain the highest standard
of cleanliness, presentation, and efficiency while achieving guest
- Primary duties include supervising the activities of
supervisors, line staff, and others on a daily basis in order to
ensure all work is completed on time and to standard.
- Able to interview and select staff in event of open
- Design, provide, and coordinate On-The-Job-Training for
subordinates to attain brand compliance.
- Make routine daily rounds of the hotel at any time of the day
performing random checks in all areas to ensure the expected hotel
standard is set and continued. Immediately direct subordinates to
correct issues found as needed.
- Develop and implement standard procedures for routine tasks to
enable employees to develop consistent work habits.
- Reviews approves and analyzes housekeeping budget and justifies
funds requested on a regular basis. Maintain checkbook accounting
as responsible person for the budget. Develop future annual budget
- Establish inventory records and control of cleaning supplies,
chemicals, and guest supplies, room/bathroom, and F & B linens,
etc. in order to control expenses and minimize waste.
- Involve employees in planning, effective use of "manpower" and
guiding new methods, mechanical aids & products, and simplify
- Check on all equipment of the Housekeeping Department and
ensure that equipment is properly used to reduce cost and breakage.
Order supplies and replacements as needed.
- Check the physical condition of rooms in order to maintain the
highest room appearance and standards.
- Establish systems and controls in the Linen and Laundry to
ensure that laundry services are of high quality for hotel guests,
customers as well as laundering for staff uniforms.
- Create and implement accurate schedules for employees to match
business levels, manage payroll for the department.
- Train and develop staff for personal and professional
- Perform annual and periodic personnel evaluations on all
subordinates. Recommend and implement annual increases.
- Monitor standards and work performance of all subordinates on a
daily basis for brand service and training compliance. Regularly
recommend and carry out all discipline and counseling as
- Manage team to live within guest service scores as required by
brand, and attain high-level opinion survey scores as well.
- With minimal supervision, plan and carry out the duties (and
additional duties) listed above
- Ensures their thorough understanding of house rules and
departmental rules and regulations, evaluating staff performances
and providing recommendations - transfers & promotions when
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other departments
as well as within the department.
- Responsible for keeping good morale and enforcing discipline
and appearance of employees.
- Perform all duties other than these above which are requested
by the hotel management/direct
- Establish Lost & Found procedures.
- Establish good liaison with Engineering Department for any
repairs needed and to expedite any major repairs or special
requests for special occasions and purposes
Education and Experience:
A minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
Source: Hyatt Brands
Keywords: Hyatt, New York , Assistant Executive Housekeeper, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!