This temporary part time position is responsible for promoting
VWR via e-mail and outbound call campaigns and maintaining customer
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of
- Act as a back-up to the field or inside sales rep.
- Distribute literature and sample products to designated
- Proactively follow-up on orders and quotes.
- Ability to demonstrate and set up user profiles on vwr.com
- Prepare reports and promotional materials as needed (sample
- Ensure accuracy of customer master data in CRM.
- Assist with manufacturers and VWR support activities.
- Support sales efforts including but not limited to lead follow
up, reactivation and prospecting campaigns, and quote follow
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- High School completion or equivalent (GED)
- Major or Minor of study in Science, Business, Marketing,
Medical Technology or Nursing highly preferred but not
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Previous promotions or sales experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the
- Possess excellent communication/people skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under
Typically works in multiple office environments with adequate
lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are
used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do
not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned
on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation