Medical Assistant I
Company: Community Healthcare Network
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Community Healthcare Network is seeking for a Full-Time Medical
Assistant who will be an integral member of the health care team at
different centers, which provides support to the nursing staff and
health providers in addressing the health care needs of our
patients. Assists in providing continuity and quality of care to
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs/assists in numerous procedures including vital signs
(BP, HR, RR, T, HT, & WT), EKG, BMI, vision tests, specimen
collections, and venipucture when necessary.
- Provides appropriate assistance in the medical triage of
- Stocks examination rooms with supplies on a daily basis and as
- Assists providers with procedures and routine examinations in
the examination rooms.
- Records pertinent medical information in the medical
- Assists nurses in preparing, completing, and maintaining
medical records and reports.
- Performs routine clinical administrative operations including
photocopying charts, updating prenatal log book, follow-up on
abnormal labs and referrals, calling patients when necessary,
mailing letters to patients, and faxing referrals to central
- Assists nurses in checking emergency box and refrigerator
- Assists nurses with ordering medications, vaccines and medical
supplies as needed.
- Performs venipuncture as necessary.
- Provides health counseling to patients, including HIV
- Facilitates related services for health center patients as
appropriate with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- Coordinates with health care team to facilitate the highest
quality of health services for patients.
- Compliance with Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Works assigned shifts at locations other than primary assigned
work site when necessary as deemed by management and in accordance
with CHN Policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What We Look For:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Current Medical Assistant Certificate from a State Licensed
- Current CPR Certificate or acceptance for a CPR training course
within six (6) months of employment.
Keywords: Community Healthcare Network, New York , Medical Assistant I, Other , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!