VP, Regional Inside Plant (ISP)
Company: Charter Spectrum
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for providing direction and oversight for all Inside
Plant Operations across the Region. Drives to ensure structured,
consistent and disciplined operational practices to ensure stable
product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations.
Supports Regional operations including the hub and headend
operations, critical infrastructure and preventative maintenance.
Leads and directs project planning, capital expenditures and
assists with the business and facility plan development. Ensures a
high degree of cross functional communication and participation in
line with product deployment and support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the VP of ISP develops an effective Inside Plant
Leadership team and assist them with developing their direct
reports as to drive a high performance culture and
- Leads a structured and disciplined work team to produce
exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Ensures oversight of designated inside plant operations which
include facilities, powering, cooling, cabling, TVRO, FCC
Compliance and provides direct hands on support for other network
operations teams for all Headends and Hubs are to company
- Provides engineering operational support and direction for new
or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Evaluates and consults with Regional and Corporate levels of
leadership regarding technical operations, strategic planning,
construction, system technicians and network operations.
- Ensures compliance with quality control programs for inside
plant operations and consistent operational procedures.
- Leads and directs capital budget process for ISP within Region,
execute approved budget plan.
- Ensures current procedures and tests are performed in
accordance with Charter Policy and Federal Communication Commission
- Oversees and ensures the maintenance of records as required by
Charter Policy, Federal Communications Commission and other
- Ensures adherence to company TQA policies.
- Leads and participates in succession planning.
- Performs other duties as requested.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field, and/or
equivalent work experience
- Minimum fifteen (15) years engineering experience
- Minimum seven (7) years management experience
- Minimum seven (7) years project management experience
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in
person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear,
straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of company products and services
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
- Advanced Knowledge of HFC
- Must handle multiple projects and tasks and to make decisions
and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Advanced knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other
rules and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable local and state rules
and regulations and an understanding of OSHA rules and regulations,
both federal and state
- Comprehensive understanding of HVAC and power distribution
- Knowledge of Analog Transmission Line Theory and Electronic
theory and Fiber Optic theory
- Knowledge of Federal Communications Commission regulations and
National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code
- Office environment
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
- 50% Travel Required
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting
tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look
forward to "virtually" meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum
Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter
Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to
providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to
qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered
for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and
are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age,
religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Charter Spectrum, New York , VP, Regional Inside Plant (ISP), Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!