Job Title: Data Scientist - AI/ML Quant
Reporting Relationship: VP Data & Data Science
Location: Houston, Texas or New York City
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing
essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we
continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new
delivery options and improved analytical tools.
The primary focus of this role will be to make a significant
contribution in the research and development of Argus' Automatic
Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
As an AI/ML Quant, you will be responsible for keeping up to
date on the latest research in the field of automatic machine
learning and artificial intelligence and help guide the development
of the Argus algorithms & software. Much of the algorithms involves
programming in R.
- Review existing and develop new methods for Argus Possibility
Curves and associated signals for trading and risk management.
- Prototype algorithm techniques and run extensive
- Identify opportunities to improve our end-customer experience
across our products and services using machine learning
- Maintain current knowledge of the AI technology landscape, and
be able to identify emerging methods or technologies and best
- Contribute to the enhancement of the Argus AI/ML library for
possibility & forward curves that can be used globally.
- Contribute to the commercialisation of Argus possibility curves
and data-science signals for trading and risk management.
- Monitor the processes for the production of Argus Possibility
Curves, identify if any issues arise and fix them to ensure that
the curves are available to the clients before the deadlines. It
will be expected to work from 12:00 to 20:00 about 2-3 days a
Education and Experience
- PhD or MSc in mathematics, finance, statistics, engineering,
computer science or related field.
- Experience in model validation
- Experience in model development
- Experience in production level coding
- Advanced R coding skills
- Experience in GitHub version control system for code
- Experience in unit testing to ensure that all code meets
quality standards before it's deployed
- Maker mindset & self-directed
- Passion for open source
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth
for all its staff and provides extensive training and career
development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led
initiatives, including a women's network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 1,000
staff. It is headquartered in London and has 25 offices in the
world's principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus
produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and
other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to
index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative
markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered
company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity
firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and
technology services investor.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic
environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve
results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards
successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote
professional development and retain a high-performing team
committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we'd love to hear
Apply via our website
Argus Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to
view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy
statement, please contact us. If you have a disability and you
believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for
a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact
us. This email is provided exclusively to assist disabled job
seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply
online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be returned.
Messages sent for other purposes, such as following up on an
application or technical issues not related to a disability, will
not receive a response