Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for patient care and support activities as assigned,
including care of scrub areas and clean utility rooms,
decontamination of surgical equipment, care of instruments and
supplies, transportation of blood/specimens, and care and
transportation of patients.
- Care of Scrub Areas and Clean Utility Rooms
- Replenish and arrange neatly scrub brushes, hoods, caps, masks
- Maintain cleanliness of shelves, work counters and utility
- Maintain blood bank and drug refrigerators
- Check and record temperature of medication and nourishment
- Maintain solution and warmer cabinets.
- Distribute processed instrument sets, equipment and supplies in
appropriate work and storage area.
- Maintain and change gas cylinders.
- Monitors par levels and replenishes stock.
- Check and replenish stock levels of specimen containers,
disinfecting solutions, plastic bags, cleaning supplies etc.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear
and concise manner.
- Visual and aural acuity to assess patient within parameters of
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with
a wide variety of individuals.
- Oriented to consumer satisfaction.
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity to perform a variety of
tasks and skills in area of assignment.
- Experience: Prefer relevant experience in an inpatient health
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a
driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering
exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call
home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you
join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of
achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to
create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can
develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees,
regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us
write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai
Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with
seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled
education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines
the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with
seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel,
Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount
Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt),
Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.