Company: Affinity Solutions
Location: New York City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Affinity Solutions is the first data-led intelligence platform
that uses purchase signals as the authoritative source of truth in
helping marketers, agencies and media organizations deliver
emotionally resonant experiences that enrich peoples lives.
Building on our foundation of innovative solutions for Financial
Institutions and Retailers that drive acquisition, share of wallet
and loyalty, were redefining data driven marketing to make it
Our unique approach turns consumer data intelligence into
actions, and encourages consumers to opt-in. Our solutions are
proven to drive shopping behavior and engagement that unlock brand
and market share growth for our clients.
Affinity Solutions is seeking a smart, curious, technically
savvy candidate to join our cutting-edge data science team. We hire
the best and brightest and give them the opportunity to work on
The Data Science team at AFS build models and machine learning
algorithms that power all our ad-tech/mar-tech products at scale,
develop methodology and tools to precisely and effectively measure
market campaign effects, and research in-house and public data
sources for consumer spend behavior insights.
In this role, you'll be focusing on the area of the
consumer/retailer market insights. However, you'll also have the
opportunity to come up with new ideas and solutions that will lead
to improvement of our ability to target the right audience, derive
insights and provide better measurement methodology for marketing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide analytical/statistical analysis and execution support
to clients and internal stakeholders on insights hypothesis
development, test and measurement design, insights discovery and
- Research, identify, compile and report anecdotal or systematic
public and third party data sources (For example, Census business
survey, MRTS, E-commerce data, National payment trends, consumer
spend, retail store opening and closing data and retailer M&A
etc.) to facilitate market and sales insights fact check and
- Develop strategy and provide analytical/statistical support for
external data source evaluation, for modeling products and the
third-party data QA.
- Assisting development and improvement of the companys data
balancing and paneling capabilities to support various use
- Provide support to other analytical/statistical support for
business initiatives as needed.
- Mine large consumer datasets in the cloud environment to
support ad hoc business and statistical analysis,
- Develop and improve automation capabilities to enable
customized delivery of the analytical products to clients,
- Communicate the methodologies and the results to the
management, clients and non-technical stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in Statistics/Computer Science/Behavioral
Economics or other fields that requires advanced training in data
- Being able to creatively apply statistical/ML concepts and
reasoning to provide DS and analytical solutions to business
- Familiarity with data manipulation concept and techniques such
as imputing, cleansing and visualization.
- Excellent command of one or more ML/statistical tools,
preferably Python or R or knowledge of a cloud based ML tool such
- Experience and comfortable working in the Cloud environment and
familiar with one of the database technologies such as PostgreSQL,
MySQL and at ease with SQL queries,
- Entrepreneurial, highly self-motivated, collaborative, keen
attention to detail, willingness and capable learn quickly, and
ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Being flexible to accept different task assignments and able to
work on a tight time schedule.
- Great communication skills (verbal, written and
- Experience or exposure to large consumer and/or demographic
- Prior experience in retail market space and consumer behavior
- Familiar with one of the visualization tools, such as
Keywords: Affinity Solutions, New York , Business/Data Analyst, Other , New York City, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!