Teacher of Students with Disabilities
Company: First Children Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOIN FIRST CHILDREN SCHOOL for ESY and get a $250 SIGN ON
First Children School, located in Fanwood, NJ, has a long-term
temporary opening for a NJ Standard Certified Teacher of Students
with Disabilities//Teacher of the Handicapped for the summer, 7
week ESY (Extended School Year) program.
Under the direction of the school principal & supervisor, the
Special Education Teacher/Teacher of Students with Disabilities
plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for
students with disabilities in a variety of educational settings.
The person in this position is responsible for creating a flexible
program and learning environment that provides specialized
instruction for students with disabilities, such that the students
benefit from the general education curriculum to the greatest
extent possible when supported with supplemental aides,
accommodations, and other needed supports.
- Develop lesson plans that clearly reflect the individual needs,
goals, and objectives of the IEP.
- Establish and follow routine and schedule to provide maximum
- Establish and maintain an environment conducive to
- Provide classroom assistants with training/direction to enable
them to provide one-to-one instruction.
- Utilize appropriate curricula, materials, and behavioral
- Complete all required paperwork in a professional and timely
- Attend all annual reviews and contribute appropriate goals and
objectives to the IEP.
- Attend training, supervision sessions, and staff meetings as
directed by the Principal, in accordance with company policy, and
pursuant to applicable regulations.
- NJ DOE Issued Standard Certification - Teacher of Students with
Disabilities or Teacher of the Handicapped
- Minimum 1 year teaching experience with students who are
classified as MD (multiply disabled)
First Children Services provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: First Children Services, New York , Teacher of Students with Disabilities, Other , Fanwood, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!