Scheduler/Care Coordinator - NYC
Company: Allegiant Home Care
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We strive to provide care that adheres to our tradition of
excellence, which is our work culture - Hopeful. Optimistic.
Positive. We create this encouraging environment for our patients
with the highest standards and methods of care. That is our primary
Focus On Patients
One Patient, One Focus by providing medical, personal, and
emotional care for our clients based upon their individualized Plan
of Care. Providing support and personal services, while enabling
patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient
Focus On Our Team...
Every team member is a part of our team of caregivers (from the
office to the field). We believe in empowering our healthcare team
to deliver the highest-quality in-home care by providing the right
The Scheduler/Care Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the
day to day operations of the scheduling department. The Scheduler
is responsible for scheduling and coordinating of all field
caregivers and nurses to meet the scheduled needs of the clients.
The Scheduler supervises the regional On-Call operations to ensure
client/employee needs are met evenings and weekends. The Scheduler
also supervises all Aide and LPN's for the region to ensure unmet
schedule needs are minimized.
The Scheduler/Care Coordinator ensures client/family complaints
regarding scheduling or On-Call support are adequately addressed
and resolved. The Scheduler/Care Coordinator works with Human
Resources to ensure all non-clinical performance issues of field
employees are addressed through the Companys progressive
Works collaboratively with clinical leadership, operational
leadership, HR, Recruiting, and Payroll/Billing to ensure the care
coordination department meets the regional needs of the
organization. Develops and maintains working relationships with
Company staff at all levels in order to coordinate services and
programs across departmental lines and across multi-state
locations; Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Supervises the Aide and LPN Specialists, including schedule
management, to minimize unscheduled shifts, limit/prevent overtime,
and ensure timely admission of referrals.
- Supervises the On-Call Care Coordinators and RN working
evenings/weekends to address client/employee issues during
non-traditional business hours.
- Directly manages and oversees the coordination of new
admissions to ensure timely referral-to-admission conversion.
Ensures operational leaders and sales employees are kept informed
on all activities impacting admission.
- Receives, investigates, and resolves client complaints related
- Communicates recruiting needs to the Recruiting Department and
participates in recruitment, hiring and orientation activities
including interviewing potential field staff and participating in
- Ensures all field employees receive progressive disciplinary
action for non-clinical performance issues as necessary.
- Ensures caregiver/nurse schedules are coordinated to promote
consistency for clients, minimize overtime, limit incentives, and
puts cost controls in place to ensure client needs are met within
- Manages/oversees mass communication with regional field
employees to engage employees and communicate pertinent
- Ensures effective and efficient communication between the Care
Coordination department and service location leadership, clinical
leadership, and recruiting.
- Coordinates and collaborates with clinical team to ensure
staffing assignments are optimized for patient care delivery.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule, including nights
and weekends, as required to resolve escalated scheduling
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum 3 years of progressive homecare or health care
experience including staffing, employee relations, recruitment
required. Previous supervisor experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Strong written and oral communications; and ability to work
with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.
- Skilled at coaching employees at all levels within the
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to operate in an
EMR, send/receive email communications, and review/analyze
- Excellent coaching and interpersonal skills with the ability to
build trust and establish and maintain effective working
relationships. Must be a team-player. Must have ability to motivate
and develop staff.
- Ability to handle confidential documents and sensitive
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work setting using
technology-based programs and platforms; perform simple accounting
procedures; and maintain effective recordkeeping system.
- Experience serving as a mediator and recommending and applying
interventions to resolve employee disagreements, conflicts, or
- Skilled at investigating and resolving employee/client
relations issues including gathering and analyzing documentation,
meeting with employees and supervisors, and recommending potential
- Ability to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and
frequent heavy workloads which may require work outside of normal
- Must have exemplary organizational and time management
- Bilingual Spanish speaking is a HUGE plus.
Keywords: Allegiant Home Care, New York , Scheduler/Care Coordinator - NYC, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!