Software Engineering Manager: High Frequency Market Data
Company: Two Sigma Investments, LLC
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data
analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the
toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology,
securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks
beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the
world's most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma is looking for a hands-on engineering manager to lead
the development of High Frequency Market Data (HFMD)
infrastructure. HFMD is critical to everyday trading operations as
well as providing historic market data for research and modeling.
We work closely with platform engineering, network engineering and
downstream trading teams that consume market data to build a
trading platform that is efficient, robust, and capable of handling
the ever-increasing bandwidth of market data.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 7+ software engineers supporting a global
cross asset class market data suite
- Build and expand our market data system, including supporting
new venues for trading
- Solve low-latency systems problems and optimize
- Develop, optimize and strengthen the historic market data
pipeline, including tools that monitor system health and improve
its resiliency to errors
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least two years of experience managing technical teams with
at least 3 direct reports.
- Recent coding experience with the C programming language
(familiarity with C++, Java or Rust are good, too) - you may code
as much as 40% of your time in this role and will be asked to code
as part of the evaluation process.
- Familiarity with Python and Bash scripting
- An understanding of network and hardware architecture
- Development experience in systems engineering on Linux
- Familiarity with market data across several asset classes from
a variety of vendors and exchanges is a plus
- Familiarity with hardware accelerated market data processing is
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums
for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid
life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities,
casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days,
competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as
a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Two Sigma Investments, LLC, New York , Software Engineering Manager: High Frequency Market Data, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!