FA - Senior Software Engineer - Portfolio Enterprise Reporting
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Do you want to be part of the team that visualizes billions of
data points to empower almost every major financial institution to
make informed decisions on their portfolios? The Portfolio
Enterprise Reporting team is responsible for developing the
platform that translates terabytes of data into analytical reports.
Currently we have hundreds of Fixed Income enterprise clients and
are aggressively expanding to Equity products to become a
multi-asset reporting platform.
Our platform is a distributed system that runs on a
sophisticated orchestration framework across hundreds of machines.
As an enterprise reporting software engineer, you will work on some
challenging problems including:
- Performance Optimization: you will improve system performance
and expand capacity with the goal to double the throughput every
year to meet our fast growing client base
- Architecture Design: you will design and develop modular and
extensible software that can handle diverse workflows as our system
needs to support large variation of report types and clients
configurations while continuously evolving to support better and
more advanced ways of presenting our analytics.
- Resource Management and Scalability: the platform is built on
top of a large number of components and the reporting load is
highly spike-intensive. You will tackle challenging resource
management and scalability problems to protect various components
while pushing for maximum throughput.
This is an opportunity to join a unique diverse team that deeply
cares about proper software design, clean code, and testing. You
will tackle sophisticated problems alongside some of the brightest
engineers and product managers, who will challenge your ideas and
push your engineering skills to the next level.
Our system is full-stack with Python3.9 and C++ 17 as the
primary programming languages. We use distributed storage such as
Apache Solr, CEPH and Bloomberg Cloud Storage. We also use tools
like Jenkins, Docker, and Cucumber for CI/CD.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the full development cycle, including
technical design, implementation and project management
- Work directly with product owners to build applications that
our clients use to tackle complex problems
- Collaborate on designing and building high-quality, scalable
and maintainable systems
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Passion for writing high quality software and desire to
- An interest in the financial domain
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or
related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Preferred experience in Python or C++, but we welcome
candidates with more experience using other programming
- The grit necessary to see your innovative ideas become a
reality and make an impact
- Interest in understanding our complex products and processes
and have a passion for pushing boundaries with technology
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Bloomberg, New York , FA - Senior Software Engineer - Portfolio Enterprise Reporting, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!