Sr. Package Engineer - Hair Hub
Company: Revlon, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
To provide a role in the development, design, testing, and
manufacturing transfer of packaging materials/components and the
associated packaging equipment/machinery to support the package
processing of hair and personal care products. Works
cross-functionally across the organization and is responsible for
all technical aspects of packaging from concept development to
- Support the efforts of Marketing and Creative services in
developing a cost-effective, innovative, attractive, high-quality
package while, at the same time, considering manufacturing and
- Work with vendors to design and/or source new packaging and
monitor progress to ensure timely implementation of packaging
- Coordinate appropriate qualification testing for all new,
modified, or alternatively sourced componentry in order to ensure
functionality and compliance with established Revlon performance
- Establish specifications for all new and modified componentry
with due regard for the requirements of vendors and all relevant
internal departments. Ensures accuracy, thoroughness, and timely
- Define and establish all Preliminary Bills of Material (PBOM)
in appropriate systems.
- Lead MDG process for new component SAP # part numbers.
- Work with Purchasing, Operations, and other functional groups
in the revision of existing packaging components to reduce
purchasing costs, enhance manufacturing, or any other means of cost
- Support QC and Operations with identifying and troubleshooting
- Maintains awareness of new and advancing packaging
technologies, both materials and equipment, and is able to provide
conceptual and effective packaging solutions submissions.
- Participate in internal and external audits. Visit packaging
component suppliers, vendors, and equipment and machinery
manufacturers to improve knowledge and understanding of
- Attend packaging shows and seminars to provide the best
solutions to Marketing projects.
- Assist Lead Engineers in PE projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable packaging for personal care
- Knowledge of component materials (specifications, terminology,
- Knowledge of packaging machinery and processes (uses,
- Superior communication, presentation, and analytical
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and
- Basic computer, spreadsheets, and databases knowledge
- Demonstrated success in bringing product packaging from concept
- Demonstrated success in working cross-functionally and managing
multiple packaging programs simultaneously while meeting fixed
- Experience in packaging manufacturing operations desired
- BS degree in Packaging, Engineering, or other related field
- 1-5 years performing package engineering function in related
- 1-2 years working in FDA regulated and GMP compliant work
- Experience with SAP, MS Office Suite, Lotus Notes, and Capepack
- Understanding of ASTM 4169 and ISTA testing standards
- Hazardous Materials for Transportation Certification
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment with
visits to production facilities as needed.
Keywords: Revlon, Inc., New York , Sr. Package Engineer - Hair Hub, Other , Edison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!