Client Onboarding Project Manager (Capital Markets) - Vice President
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SMBC Capital Markets is an interest rates derivatives trading
company based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong
Kong. We are a subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
(SMBC), one of the leading global banks in Japan.
Our Capital Markets business is an established derivatives
dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on
interest rates and foreign exchange. We have been in operation for
more than 30 years and is a leading market-maker in several
Reporting to the Group Head of the Client Onboarding Group
(COG), the Client Onboarding Project Manager is responsible for
managing all COG projects end-to-end (e.g. documenting
requirements, managing UAT, engaging with IT / other functions,
etc.). The Project Manager is also responsible for managing all of
COG's reporting - design, creation, distribution, inventory,
- Manage all COG reporting - design, creation, distribution and
inventory. This includes all operational and risk control reporting
used by COG Management to gauge overall team performance, reporting
required of us to our regulators, as well as reporting, often
ad-hoc, to be sent to our Head Office.
- Manage entire lifecycle of all COG projects from documenting
requirements, running UAT, liaising with the IT and the end-users
and all other activities necessary to ensure delivery. These
projects often arise from regulatory change, operational change or
otherwise. This will often include procedural and technological
changes, requiring detailed tracking and progress reporting to
various personnel in the firm.
- Serve as the product manager for CIF, the client management
application. Visualize new features and work with IT and end-users
to refine ideas and being them to fruition.
- Participate in think-tank discussions concerning KYC / AML /
Dodd-Frank / FATCA policy and desktop procedure updates.
- Assist in the creation of a Client Onboarding Desktop
Procedures to ensure that the onboarding / client maintenance
process is documented, transparent, consistent, sustainable and
- Participate in design and testing of enhancements to client due
diligence databases, reports and systems.
- 10+ years of financial services / banking experience in a
Project Manager role, or from a consulting firm. Managerial
experience is a plus.
- Expert at Excel (VBA / building macros)
- Exceptional anlystical and organizational skills as it relates
to project management (re. regulatory change, technology
- Experience / appreciation for due diligence operations and
onboarding applications / systems (front-middle-back office work
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to face-off to own
management structure, Front Office, Compliance, Audit - effectively
any potential touch-point relative to the onboarding / client
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written and in-person
- Track-record of composure in fast-paced, high pressure
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, New York , Client Onboarding Project Manager (Capital Markets) - Vice President, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!