Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made
Patient Financial Services -160 Water Street
Patient Accounts Associate Req # 2690114
Collect, analyze and report to data within the Patient
Accounting System(s). Review specific cases, research accounts,
prepare reconciliations and track any requested data.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reconcile, verify and validate that accounts referred to
outside vendors (collection agencies) are acknowledged.
- Research any payments received that cannot be identified
- Preparation of weekly excels spreadsheets.
- Make necessary account receivable adjustments.
- Responsible for following up on all correspondence/inquires
vendors have on PFS accounts.
- Work required Trac Worklists for unbilled vendor accounts and
accounts for vendor referral.
- Work closed and vendor listings.
- Prepares weekly status listing for accounts with vendors
- Work all assigned listings from patient accounts system.
- Reviews accounts through various third party websites.
- Coordinate with outside party's for account validation.
- Communicate and work close with inter/intra-departments.
- Ability to adapt to new systems implemented.
- Attends seminars as required.
- Performs other related duties/assignments assigned by manager
- High School or GED
- Medical/hospital accounts receivable experience helpful.
Accounts receivable knowledge (hospital/third party).
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a
driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering
exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call
home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you
join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of
achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to
create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can
develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees,
regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us
write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai
Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with
seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled
education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines
the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with
seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel,
Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount
Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt),
Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.