Company: Good Shepherd Hospice
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Facility: Physician Practice Account: St Francis Physician
Practice Location: Manhattan, NY Department: Orthopedics Category:
Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8-4
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only
specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health
Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by
U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology &
Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery.
Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in
Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology.
Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with
multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and
Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals
on Long Island.
The Medical Assistant is assigned duties and responsibilities
related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health
- Duties related to patient care in a team-based care and
integrative health environment
- Assist with front office duties: greeting patients, answering
phones, and verifying insurances
- Prepare examination rooms and patients for visit
- Preparing patient charts for visits
- Contacting insurance companies for referrals and
- Assisting patients with various needs when not providing direct
patient care clinical support
- Obtain the patient's medical history and document in the
electronic medical record
- Competition of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- BCLS training and current certification required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' experience as MA in a physician practice
or ambulatory environment preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with
comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond
the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance,
generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also
offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension
plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities.
We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize
evidence based practice to improve outcomes to every patient, every
time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our
team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top
Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern
Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Hospice, New York , Medical Assistant, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!