Sr. Director, Raw Materials Development Footwear
Company: Tory Burch
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As a Tory Burch Sr. Director of Raw Materials Development for
Footwear, you are a critical cross-functional partner to Design &
Product Development. This role is pivotal in translating Design's
vision by developing and sourcing on trend leathers and textiles
for the Footwear division.
- Strive to support Supply Chain priorities, the Operating Model
and Corporate Priorities daily and clearly communicate goals to the
- Source brand right & innovative raw materials in sync with key
milestones of the development calendar.
- Collaborate closely with Design, Merchandising, Product
Development and foster strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Lead the department driving process improvement, efficiency and
industry best practices
- Prioritize the search for sustainable raw materials
- Lead with vision, decisiveness, and a collaborative
- Partner closely with the Raw Materials Sourcing team, based in
- Attend domestic and International material shows to identify
sources and research trends.
- Meet with suppliers and foster strong partnership
- Negotiate raw materials costs
Product Integrity (Quality)
- Aim to instill quality in the product from onset of development
through final production.
- Understand all technical properties and work with design and PD
on correct application to the product. Ensure materials are "fit
for purpose"; problem-solve quality lapses.
- Ensure that all RM used are compliant for performance and
restricted substances prior to production, in collaboration with
the HK testing team.
- Act as an educator and provide material knowledge to
- Manage, motivate and grow direct reports.
- Drive the department forward through process improvement and
- Lead with the Corporate values and principles in mind / Buddy
- Participate in weekly Cross Functional Meetings, Detail
Meetings, Milestone Meetings
- Represent Raw Materials in all Time & Action Calendar
- Strive to ensure Buy Ready status of all raw materials by PO
- BS/BA/BFA degree
- Leather course accreditations a strong plus
- Minimum 15+ years in leather and textile sourcing and
development; footwear experience required
- Strong collaborative, organizational, and interpersonal
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- International travel required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and
provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants
without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color,
religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual
orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status,
genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership
in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we
will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for
employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations
to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if
you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to
perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include
making a change to the application process or work procedures,
providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language
interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require
assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please
Keywords: Tory Burch, New York , Sr. Director, Raw Materials Development Footwear, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!