Office Manager- Cornerstone/Learning Lab- Full-Time Temporary
Company: Brooklyn Community Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Brooklyn Community Services is one of Brooklyns first and
largest non-sectarian social services agencies. Serving more than
20,000 individuals annually, BCS is committed to a broad and
diverse range of services including prevention of foster care
placement; crisis intervention; early childhood and after school
education; and vocational training, job placement, and clinical
services to adults with physical and developmental disabilities,
and histories of mental illness.
Cornerstone, Learning Lab and Beacon Programs provide academic,
art and recreational opportunities to children, teens and adults in
NYCHA community centers and DOE schools. BCS Cornerstone and Beacon
Programs are located in Brownsville, Fort Greene, and Coney
- Provide administrative oversight, direction, training and
support to staff, volunteers and interns for the effective and
professional administration of the department.
- Greet and meet parents and providers.
- Arrange meetings and workshops using Google Calendar.
- Prepare documents, correspondence, flyers, packets of
- Develop organizational procedure and systems for office
personnel, including filling, billing, payroll and scheduling.
- Enhance programming by completing program paperwork such as
attendance, visitors log, activity and sign in sheets etc.
- Build positive relationships with youth and young adults and
serve as a role model with respect to demeanor, communication and
- Under the direction and approval of the site director,
establish and maintain systems to monitor and manage employee
records and files; conduct new employee orientations; and oversee
and document the use of sick, vacation and personal leave and
- Oversee the professional use of phones and provide technical
assistance to staff when necessary.
- Order, secure, manage and maintain office supplies and
- Prepare for all meetings that are occurring in the center such
as agendas, room set up and phone calls.
- Assist with the recruitment and enrollment of new
- Must be able to multi-task, be detailed oriented, and
- Assist with the completion of DYCD monthly deliverables and
- Assist with inputting attendance and activities into DYCD
- Attend trainings, professional developments and staff meetings
- Responsibilities to open the center when Site Director or
Assistant Director are off-site
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent, AA degree in Business Administration
or related concentration preferred
- Have at least one year expereince in an office setting.
- Must be familiar with non-profit, youth or social service
- Demonstrated skills and competencies in program and human
resource administration, and ability to manage multiple
administrative tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Professional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff,
volunteers, program members, parents, community residents,
visitors, and vendors.
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Access,
Publisher, and Excel, and must be able to learn DYCD Administrative
- Familiarity and compliance with office protocols involving
dress, demeanor, record keeping, confidentiality, staff meetings,
visitors, and employee use of supplies and equipment
- Reliable and able to work as a team member
- Temporary Full-time salary Position- from Sept 2020 to June
2020. After June 2020, per diem hourly
- Hours: 35 hours (Sept 2020-June 2021), 21 hours (after June
Keywords: Brooklyn Community Services, New York , Office Manager- Cornerstone/Learning Lab- Full-Time Temporary, Other , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!