Sales Support Specialist
Company: SGS Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection,
verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878,
SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity.
With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network
of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to
almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we
put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We
encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do
things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your
As the Sales Support Specialist, you will be responsible for
managing the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) as well
as provide support to the Technical Sales team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support Technical Sales in account development and business
activities to ensure that all inquiries are managed in a
streamlined and timely manner
- Utilize CRM system to manage new leads, log sales activities
and track the sales pipeline.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating contact information in
the CRM system.
- Prepare written proposals to be issued to clients within 24
hours. Collaborate with team members for strategic and technical
support to complete the requests.
- Work with sales to develop new opportunities by prospecting
past customers, identifying new potential clients and building
client relationships for house accounts across the BU.
- Acts as the liaison between the customer and lab managers,
responding to questions and resolving problems by coordinating with
- Prepare weekly/monthly sales reports and support the monthly
- Submit relevant sample documentation to labs including
submission forms, purchase orders and SOW's for subcontracted
services. Update the order system and clients with report
- Operate via e-mail and phone calling to meet client needs along
with occasional client visits.
- Qualify sales leads against criteria and coordinates assignment
along with BU manager.
- Create Service Proposals and send order documents to
- Meet revenue goals for assigned accounts and team revenue goals
as defined by management.
- Communicate client expectations of execution of SGS services to
- Meet with local clients, and host client visits in the SGS
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree is required, or 3+ years equivalent
Sales/account management experience.
- Customer-focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Ability to sell products and services over the phone using a
- Proven ability to problem-solve independently.
- Strong written and spoken English skills, other languages will
be an advantage.
- Persuasive, diplomatic, but always to the point and a strong
ability to sell a concept.
- Hands-on, open-minded, proactive team player.
- Highly motivated, dependable and detail oriented, works in a
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit,
hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and
you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this
phone number is not for general employment information but is only
for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS Group, New York , Sales Support Specialist, Other , Fairfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!