Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of
lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit
at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest
The Salesforce Manager & Lead Developer will work 100% remotely
from a home-office located anywhere in the USA. This position will
manage a team of Salesforce professionals who work remotely.
Hands-on coding experience is required.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for
this position is: $150K plus or minus. Note that the American Red
Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location
in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in
this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your
individual circumstances. We will review specific salary
information at the time of phone screening based upon your
RCCare is a Salesforce based platform with integrations to many
third parties to assist the American Red Cross in providing timely,
relevant, scalable services to our clients around the world. RCCare
is a case management and client relationship management database
with robust adaptability to tailor the user experience and services
available based on the type of event and user created a guided,
relevant experience to volunteers, clients, and employees who use
the application 24/7. The RCCare system seeks to provide a
personalized look and experience to each user and to help families
through difficult life events in an intuitive way. The services,
business units, and communities served will grow and adapt over
time and the product needs to be constantly at the forefront
anticipating evolving user and business needs.
The RCCare Team:
We are a blended business and technical team which operates like
an internal start-up, focused on building solutions to drive
forward the humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross focused
on Client Services and Experience. As a member on the RCCare, you
will be responsible for converting business concepts into the next
generation of applications and tools, utilizing adaptive agile
mythologies to deliver the minimal viable product to the business
in record time. There is a lot of opportunity on this team for the
right person to bring consistency, robustness, scalability, and
vision. We are looking for clear minded visionaries to ensure a
dependable and innovative user experience while keeping up with a
large quantity of incoming business and market demands. We continue
to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new
opportunities, as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a
Technical Lead to join our RCCareTeam.
The Salesforce Manager & Lead Developer will lead a team of
dedicated Salesforce staff to ensure that we are maximizing
efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of
the system based on various user group needs. Candidates need to
have the skills and experience in advanced programmatic
capabilities (Apex, Visualforce, Lightning) of the Salesforce
Platform and data modeling to develop complex business logic and
interfaces. This individual also understands when it is best to use
declarative development versus programmatic methods and can lead
teammates and guide stakeholders toward the optimal solutions based
on business requirements.
The Manager must work well as part of a team, have the ability
to lead and develop team members and must communicate well with
technical and business partners.
- Analyze, enhance, install, test and modify enterprise-wide
software systems for both new and existing systems
- Manage a team responsible for the design of enterprise software
- Prepare activity and progress reports regarding software
engineering projects, tasks and operations.
- Participate in story grooming/refinement sessions with Product
Owners, leveraging knowledge of the platform to clarify
- Estimate level of effort for stories and/or epics based on
business requirements and your knowledge of the platform.
- Design custom Force.com applications with guidance from the
- Build custom Force.com applications.
- Develop automations using process builders, flows or
- Integrate Salesforce applications with other American Red Cross
- Write test classes to ensure test coverage for apex
- Write batch processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- Actively participate in design and sprint planning sessions,
offering relevant solutions and input.
- Participate actively in all Scrum events.
- Be able to explain a solution or approach to anyone one in the
organization from novice end-user, volunteer, experienced technical
resource, business SME, or executive
- As a member and lead of the team, you will be responsible for
driving the rapid development of the minimal viable product.
- Willing to be hands on with design, code, and test.
- Oversee developers and testers to ensure successful delivery of
all code to business testing phases.
- Present business representatives with multiple solutions and
advise on tradeoffs of various options
- Work with business representatives to understand the processes
and challenges and suggesting and prototyping new features and
changes to existing features.
- Work collaboratively with other developers within our team or
across other teams.
- Work with project managers and team leads to estimate,
schedule, and prioritize development activities.
- Write specifications for development work.
- Develop and document designs for implementation.
- Special projects as assigned
- Accountable for 24/7 on call technical support for system
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United
States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment
- Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of
education and experience Computer Science, Information Systems,
Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum 5 to 7 years required supporting mid-to-large size
organizations as a Software Architect or similar role.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a Salesforce developer
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a developer in Service Cloud
- Minimum 3 years of technical staff management experience
- Knowledge of the Declarative development model in Salesforce
- Expert knowledge with hands on experience using Salesforce
- Experience with Service Cloud, Customer Community, and Partner
Community user models.
- Experience with mobile device accessible Salesforce
- Demonstrated understanding of the architecture, capabilities
and constraints of Salesforce applications required.
- Database experience writing queries in SQL/SOQL.
- Hands-on work with Workflows, Flows, Triggers, Validation Rules
and Lightning Components.
- Working with Data Loader or various ETL tools.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications using
SOAP, REST, BULK APIs.
- Experience with web technology stack - Web Services, HTML, CSS,
- Familiarity with and commitment to the Red Cross mission
- Extensive successful experience in leading multiple projects as
- Working with large scale financial assistance systems and
complex data security.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good
interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand
- Strong debugging and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of software design, software development
processes and coding techniques is essential.
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and deliver with
confidence in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Salesforce Platform Developer II
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors, mainly at a desk.
Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff
may be asked to work irregular hours during this time. Occasional
travel to meet with team members may be required once travel is
again possible. Extended or irregular work hours will be required
during system launch events.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for
this position is: $125K+/-. Note that the American Red Cross sets
salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which
the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this
posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual
circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the
time of phone screening based upon your location.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that
creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our
employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits
including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance;
flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid
time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage
professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be
considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the
opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross
volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to
help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a
difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and
allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross
relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to
help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our
most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of