Company: Erickson Living
Location: Pompton Plains
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Cedar Crest is a beautiful 130-acre continuing care retirement
community nestled in the Ramapo Mountains in Pompton Plains, a
neighborhood of Morris County, New Jersey. We're part of a growing
network of communities managed by Erickson Living, a national
provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11
Cedar Crest is looking for everyday heroes who want to make a
real impact in the lives of seniors. If you're ready to take your
career to new heights, join us. In addition to a rewarding career,
you'll enjoy an industry-leading total rewards package that
includes a competitive salary, an impressive package of health and
dental benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, tuition
reimbursement, 401(k) with employer contribution, opportunities for
career growth and advancement, and much more!
Cedar Crest Village in Pompton Plains, NJ is looking for a
Maintenance Supervisor for their Continuing Care Healthcare
Facility to oversee and coordinate the maintenance staff. The
Maintenance Supervisor is essential in helping to analyze and
evaluate problematic systems or facilities and determine what
installation or repair services need to be performed.
How you will make an impact:
- Experience working with a senior population in a continuing
care or health care facility
- Lead by example
- Highly Motivated
- Skilled in maintenance of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, building
controls and other building systems.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by proper training of all
maintenance staff on how to successfully perform residential
- Partner with the Manager in hiring of maintenance staff
- Consult on technical aspects of building maintenance
- Maintain and sustain consistent repairs of the following:
interior facilities/ operation of all entry locking & CATV
- Installation of new equipment, fixtures, etc
- Ensures all associated equipment, machines, and tools and the
upkeep of all interior areas are sufficiently well maintained.
- Orders and accurately keeps track of all inventory, maintenance
supplies and materials.
- Coordinate and assure performance of all preventative
- Visually inspect all common areas on a daily basis to ascertain
- Prepare work schedules and follow up for maintenance personnel
by managing and delegating the work orders and maintaining
- Initiate a training program to insure training is implemented
and completed by all maintenance personnel, inspects all
fire-fighting equipment according to time period and instruction
required by law.
- Continuing education regarding maintenance methods, chemicals
- Desire to give impeccable customer service with a friendly
attitude and demeanor when dealing with staff, residents and their
- Partner with Security Manager to arrange fire drills and
maintain safety documentation for all aspects of life safety for
- Monitor and evaluate outside contractors.
- Manage the patient room renovation process
- Responsible for monthly budget and variance reporting
What we offer:
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student
loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision
and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal
development for our greatest asset, our employees.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans,
and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Living continues to set
the standard for senior living excellence.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all
employees over 18 years of age.
What you will need:
- NJ Low Pressure Black Seal License or willing to obtain within
- AFE (CPS) Certified Plant Supervisor or willing to obtain
within 1 year
- High School Diploma/GED:
- Minimum 3-5 five years' experience in general maintenance in a
healthcare facility. 3 or more years of supervisory experience
preferred. Some college may be considered in lieu of
- Ability to lift 50 pounds- over 50 pounds must use the aid of a
hand truck or get assistance, and move light furniture. Capacity to
push and pull, climb and descend ladder to 6/8 feet or higher.
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are
Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a
workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital
status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or
any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Erickson Living, New York , Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Pompton Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!