Data Engineer - Marketing Analytics (REMOTE)
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between
data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk
is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the
boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers
succeed. As the world's first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk
is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates
discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what
has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in
history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
As a Data Engineer within the Marketing Operations organization,
you will own and be part of business analytics projects focusing on
building the data foundation to help us scale our reporting
services and capabilities. As a data and reporting engineer you
will drive transformational data and analytics initiatives for
improving the effectiveness and efficiency for Splunk marketing
organization. You will be expected to manage end to end delivery of
small to medium scale projects in the data & analytics area through
partnership with the entire marketing operations org, both at
strategic and tactical levels.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Data Warehouse methodologies, Data
Architecture, Data Modeling, and metadata.
- Ability to support the creation of single source of truth for
Marketing Business Metrics leveraging agreed upon data definitions,
create a common data foundation, and semantic layers to be consumed
- Deliver highly available, reliable, innovative large-scale data
warehousing solutions to facilitate data ingestion, build optimized
aggregates and building reporting solutions.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience working with Cloud
database technologies like Redshift, Snowflake and multiple BI
platforms such as Tableau, Splunk and scripting language like
- Solid grasp of operational processes, systems and data in
multiple areas of Sales & Marketing Operations
- Understanding of SaaS business applications and processes as in
Salesforce, SAP, Eloqua, Anaplan, etc.
- Identify data patterns, attribute hierarchies and data
relationships and organize into data dictionaries, create
standardized definitions for metrics and critical metrics.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, exposure to
large-scale systems and some experience writing code.
- Strong business analysis skills - capturing and documenting
requirements, understanding business impacts and tradeoffs,
conducting interviews and workshops, proposing solutions,
documentation and training, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Warehouse Analyst and/or Data
- Savviness with complex SQL queries and knowledge of database
technologies including window and analytical functions
- Experience with Python analytic libraries and Business
Intelligence tools such as Tableau.
- An ability to provide technical guidance, direction and problem
solving to less technical audiences
- Confidence to offer consultation to business partners and team
members within Sales, Partner, Marketing Operations.
- A familiarity working with an AGILE/SCRUM process
Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, New York , Data Engineer - Marketing Analytics (REMOTE), Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!