Company: Northwell Health
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Evaluates and treats patients with disabilities, injuries and/or
disease in accordance with the written and signed prescription
and/or referral of a state licensed physician or other State
- Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written
and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State
- Develops and implements treatment plans to improve gross and
fine motor coordination, movement and function of upper
- Submits required documentation in accordance with the policies
and procedures of the department.
- Utilizes thorough and appropriate evaluation techniques to
establish realistic goals; designs and implements a treatment plan
which best meets the needs of the patient and works toward
achieving established goals.
- Provides patient remediation in patient's deficit areas to
assist the patient to achieve maximum functioning in his/her daily
- Reviews and arranges for required Durable Medical Equipment
(DME) and instructs patient in use and protocols for dealing with
malfunction of same; makes appropriate recommendations for
follow-up care upon discharge.
- Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and
- Treats patients with acute or developmental disabilities using
methods including but not limited to: kinetic activities,
perceptual training and developmental sequencing.
- Instruct patient and significant caregivers in daily living
skills including, but not limited to: tub transfers, dressing
activities, feeding and household activities in order to promote a
more independent and self-sufficient level of functioning.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- Master's Degree required, or equivalent combination of
education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Occupational
Therapist in New York State required, plus specialized
certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Occupational Therapist, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!