Product Development & Design Coordinator
Company: Tapestry, Inc.
Location: New York City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Stuart Weitzman is a leading luxury accessories brand that is
synonymous with strength in femininity. Defined by an energetic,
modern and bold attitude, SW is known for its unique approach to
melding fashion, function and fit in every silhouette. The brand's
focus on creating timeless, effortless shoes and handbags that are
engineered to empower women with both confidence and comfort has
resonated around the world, as SW is now available in all corners
of the globe through an array of websites, boutiques and retail
Stuart Weitzman is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global
house of brands powered by optimism, innovation and
Job Title: Product Development & Design Coordinator
Summary: Reporting to the Director, Product Development
Footwear, the Product Development & Design Coordinator will be
responsible for facilitating the development process encompassing
sample execution, achieving design aesthetic, quality, margin, and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in proto sample review sessions making notes and
communicating corrections changes and new sample requirements to
the necessary teams.
- Track and manage all PR sample requests.
- Collaborate with the design team & global partners to organize
- Work with global teams to communicate seasonal design and/or
- Track and manage all stages of development, market,
- Partner with leather and hardware management teams to maintain
- Help to enter details for Materials and Hardware into
- Work closely with Director to organize development sample
review meetings and maintain seasonal timeline calendar.
- Create and Manage all Master list every season from conception
thru production to make sure designs are executed and produced
- Create and manage production specs from Master list using CM
- Enter and approve Cost prices in ECVision
- Process invoices through buying hub
- Track, Ship and Manage all packages inbound and outbound. Make
sure they unpacked and distributed accordingly.
- Maintain confirmation sample tracking and ensure confirmation
samples are received and approved before production.
- Maintain wear test sample log. Follow up wear test distribution
- Partner with merchandising team and make sure all information
for collection being shared is accurate and up to date with design
intent and execution.
- Partner with the sales team to collect information from the
factories to complete compliance information for wholesale
- Partner with Ecommerce team and share all accurate product
information and specs for the website.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and strong sense of teamwork
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, PLM, Excel
- Knowledge of footwear constructions is a plus
- Spanish language skills is a plus
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years' experience in accessories product development
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand
customer information and uses it for improvements in products and
services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains
effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily
makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be
seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up,
down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds
appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective
relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even
high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a
relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both
successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and
will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of
unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying
structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need
to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face
of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can
shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the
total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't
have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future
consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and
perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible
pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create
competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed;
creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and
successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be
responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole
team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be
said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive
and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they
stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not
including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to
take negative action when necessary.
Stuart Weitzman is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best
people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring,
promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and
termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's
qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position
under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national
origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military
status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis
prohibited by applicable law. #LI - YA1 Visit Stuart Weitzman at
Req ID: 89862
Keywords: Tapestry, Inc., New York , Product Development & Design Coordinator, Other , New York City, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!