Senior Java Software Engineer - Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) Team
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From
the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial
institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities
and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. Enabling clients to
access Bloomberg's data and perform custom analytics, the Bloomberg
Query Language(BQL) and Analytics platform is at the forefront of
innovation for our business.
Our team is responsible for developing a low latency Analytics
Platform and Screening Engine. We're also working to define and
build a domain specific query language, BQL. This will allow users
to express complex analytics and quantitative models for execution
on the platform.
A core team of 40+ engineers is passionately working on multiple
- Scaling the Big Data Analytics Platform and Screening through a
hybrid of in-memory and distributed computing paradigms.
- Providing Unified and consistent access to Bloomberg's rich
data through a common API and expression language.
- Developing a Metadata frame-work and engine to leverage the
- Building a workload management framework for smart routing of
client requests to meet specific SLA requirements
We are looking for Software Engineers with strong Java skills to
build out the core Analytics and Screening platform that's critical
to our success. That's where you come in.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaboratively design and develop Java components consistent
with standard and project specific design principles, leveraging
standard frameworks and technologies
- Influence architectural decisions and build a performant
execution engine which will bring this platform into the
- Be part of a highly motivated team of software engineers with a
strong team culture.
- Think about bigger picture, take calculated risks and come up
with innovative ideas
You'll need to have:
- Advanced Java coding skills (5+ years) with focus on Low
- 5+ years experience with Design Patterns, Concurrent
- 5+ years experience with IOC frameworks like Spring.
- Experience with Tuning high performance applications.
- Experience with Persistence Frameworks, AVRO/JSON and RESTful
- Experience with distributed computing
- Enterprise system engineering experience (Ability to build
scalable systems for large computes on big data)
- Experience working in fast paced Continuous Delivery
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or
related technology field We'd love to see: - Experience with Scala,
Apache Spark and Apache Arrow - Experience working in a Test Driven
Development and Agile environment
If this sounds like you, apply! We'll be in touch if we think
you're a match.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Bloomberg, New York , Senior Java Software Engineer - Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) Team, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!