Copywriter FCB Health NY (Ophthalmology)
Company: FCB Global
Location: New York City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
FCBHealth NY is seeking a copywriter to work on 2 key brands at
The Copywriter (CW) is responsible for researching, creating,
and writing copy that properly reflects the client's strategy.
Generates unique and innovative materials for Brand; developing
text from draft stage through final copy. Through research and
review of literature, acts as a drug information specialist. CW
reports to a more senior person on the creative staff, usually the
Copy Supervisor, and assists that person on larger, more complex
projects. Works with Art Director in partnership to generate
- Write in a clear and concise manner while maintaining quality
control by adhering to clarity, proper grammar, agency process,
client referencing and legal requirements
Creation and Execution
- Develop smart, single-minded ideas that are on strategy. Work
collaboratively with creative partner. Learn to focus on the idea
first, then the execution. Develop copy that is relevant and makes
sense with the visual.
- Understand marketing plans including objectives and strategies
and how success will be measured. Contribute innovative ideas
appropriate to the client marketing strategy.
- Possess working knowledge of product challenges in relation to
- Collaborate and communicate with team members in a productive
manner to ensure goals are being met and to attain/maintain
creative vision outlined for the agency
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic Thinking:
- Understands the creative brief and the role it plays in
creative development and Client management.
- Understands marketing plans, including objectives and
strategies and how success will be measured.
- Exhibits solid understanding of marketing discipline.
- Incorporates client input into ongoing projects.
- Contributes innovative ideas appropriate to the clients
- Develops understanding of audience needs (e.g., physicians,
patients, sales reps).
- Develop medical knowledge in therapeutic areas of primary
- Defends strengths of concepts while remaining open to
alternatives and further explorations.Execution:
- Firm grasp of how jobs move through the agency.
- Exhibits strong/active listening skills.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner.
- Maintains quality control by adhering to agency process, AMA
style, client preferred referencing and annotation styles.
- Able to present concepts and layouts to senior creative team
- Organizes and communicates thoughts well.
- Exhibits decisive problem solving ability.Relationship
- Must be able to develop a range of creative executions for each
project and effectively collaborate with creative copy teams to
ensure the copy supports the concept.
- Regularly Works with illustrators, photographers, retouchers,
science bureaus, computer design staff, editorial department, audio
engineers, film editors, integrated producers, creative
technologists, user experience architects, production managers,
medical directors, marketing strategists, and account executives to
ensure highest quality product within specified deadlines.
- Communicate with team members at all times regarding deadlines,
revisions, quality control and new work.Business Management:
- Possesses working knowledge of product challenges in relation
to overall market.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously and meet with
- Works with AD to support creative approaches to communicate the
client's message about the product for both the overall
- Oversees creation of concept roughs for presentation to
- Provide technical knowledge ensuring timely completion of
- Solves problems within areas of direct responsibility.
- Understands how budgets and schedules are developed.
- Demonstrates full understanding of Vantage/billing process and
importance of timely recording of hours.
Communications, or Related Field
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
EXPERIENCEMIN YEARSAREA OF
EXPERIENCEREQUIRED/PREFERREDInternship in Marketing/Advertising1
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Solid knowledge of word text programs
- Possesses a creative mind
- Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas
clearly and accurately
- Creates clear goals, identifies and finds the resources (e.g.
time, people, materials) needed to achieve them, and schedules
tasks so that work is completed on time
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to build and
foster collaborative environment
- Shows interest in finding the cause of problems, looks for and
chooses effective solutions and takes the necessary action to
For U.S. Job Seekers
It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin,
gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status,
sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by
applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
Keywords: FCB Global, New York , Copywriter FCB Health NY (Ophthalmology), Other , New York City, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!