Food Safety and Quality Manager
Company: B G Foods
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ready to be part of something special?
Join our Family!
The Food Safety and Quality Assurance manager will drive
improvements and standardization systems to ensure products
manufactured for B&G Foods meet food safety regulatory
requirements and B&G specifications. More specifically this
position will drive improvements, standardize food safety and
quality programs. The individual must possess strong technical
knowledge of food safety and quality systems. The position requires
well-developed leadership and influencing skills and a continuous
improvement mindset and self-initiative.
DECISION-MAKING / RECOMMENDATION RESPONSIBILITES
- Evaluate processing difficulties and manages the audit program
and follows-up on corrective actions, for observations.
- Track, report and review Food safety and Quality KPIs. Leads
initiatives to continuously improve metrics, reduce complaints and
improve quality performance at the Co-manufacturing locations.
- Conducts effective root cause analysis and implement corrective
and preventive actions. Responsible for consumer complaint adequate
resolution to prevent re-occurrence.
- Participates in innovation projects at designated
co-manufacturing locations as the point of contact for Food Safety
and Quality. Responsible for designing Quality at the early stages;
performs food safety risks assessments.
- Leads or participates in process improvements for food safety
and quality across the organization.
- Partners with the rest of the Food Safety and Quality
organization to cross-train and share best practices.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Food Science/Food
- 5-7 years of Food Safety & Quality experience within a Food
Manufacturing environment required
- Strong knowledge of food safety / hazard analysis and
preventive controls cleaning/sanitation and sanitary design; pest
control; allergen controls.
- Experience in Microbiological and Analytical methods
- Knowledge of lab technique and prior training in fundamental
quality assurance technology
- Previous experience in the food industry, which includes HACCP,
SQF (or other GFIS)
- Knowledge of the FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) a
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you'd like more information
about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see
Keywords: B G Foods, New York , Food Safety and Quality Manager, Other , Parsippany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!