Cyber Claims Advocate Professional
Company: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Cyber Marsh's Cyber Practice is seeking candidates for the
following position based in the New York City office.
What can you expect?
- The Claims Specialist will "own" the claim (process, oversees,
administer and monitor) and be responsibility for the progress of
the claim, especially if it involves obtaining a response from the
- Will receive new events/claims from clients and/or colleagues,
reviews, processes, collects information and facilitates
notification to all appropriate insurers, as needed.
- Will assist client with various incident management tasks,
including guiding clients on incident response vendors and carrier
panel requirements and approvals.
- Proactively ensures the entire process is moving forward,
keeping track of deadlines and open items, keeping the client and
carriers up to date, tracking invoices and payment, and
facilitating all communications.
- Collect and analyzes claims processing information to verify a
variety of metrics.
- Process and audit claims data to ensure claim management
processes adhere to established standards.
- Assist with resolution of coverage and legal issues and work
closely with the Cyber Claim Advocate.
What is in it for you?
- An opportunity for long term and upward growth potential in a
growing, highly visible practice.
- You will have the chance to manage your own claims once trained
with being able to work autonomously and will have direct contact
with clients, attorneys and insurer representatives.
- Opportunity to learn Cyber coverage claims and Cyber incident
management from leaders in the industry.
- Exceptional benefits, great time off and additional perks that
come with working at Marsh.
We will count on you to:
- Provides guidance and reviews (complex) escalated events/claims
in order to determine coverage and what policies will be impacted
by a claim and provides resolution where possible, otherwise refers
claim to Claims Advocate.
- Reviews incoming documentation and new claims notifications of
a complex nature or for large and/or complex clients, informs all
relevant parties of any potential problems or contentious claims,
and refers to Claims Advocates as needed.
- Maintains regular contact with a portfolio of complex and/or
large clients to build trust, internal expertise and ensure
- Liaises with clients, and third parties as necessary such as
attorneys and technology forensic firms, for claim/events-related
issues or client service concerns to resolve complex issues with
insurers on claims notifications, updates, information requests,
the hiring of professionals, queries, acknowledgements or other
issues, payment issues, keeping all relevant parties informed, as
appropriate, of any potential problems, contentious claims or
general claims trends.
- Participates in internal and external audits as appropriate,
where applicable, provides feedback & recommendations for
improvements to help the department improve its operations,
particularly in geographies with a variety of large and complex
- Provides guidance in resolving issues with non-paying insurers
for outstanding settlements to retain relationships and expected
outcomes for those filing for claims.
What you need to have:
- 1-3 years of industry experience; Cyber, Media, Tech or Misc.
- Claims experience highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- P&C license, or ability to obtain
What makes you stand out:
- Self-starter, resourcefulness with the ability to work
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and ability to
- Interest in Cyber liability and Cyber incident management and
growing your career in this industry.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser.
With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries,
Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven
risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh
McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm
in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue
approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC
helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex
environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy
Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter
@MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to
Keywords: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., New York , Cyber Claims Advocate Professional, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!