Company: Hospital for Special Surgery
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
How you move is why we're here. Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our
search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our
unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let's talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for
orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a
recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the
first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished
designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in
your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply
committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation
across the enterprise.
The Neuropsychology Technician is responsible for the core
activities of the Cognitive Neurology lab including test
administration and scoring of neuropsychology tests; maintaining
the neuropsychology database; and coordinating patient
appointment's. This individual also maintains and stocks the
Neuropsychology Lab and associated testing rooms.
Essential Job Functions
- Administer standardized objective neuropsychological and
- Score tests using standard scoring methods, and report raw and
standardized test scores to supervising
- Quality Control Review test files to ensure they are complete
- Enter test data and maintain a secure database for clinical
and/or research purposes that adheres to federal, state, and
- Help gather records, such as previous medical records and
- Order test materials and ensure the department has current
copies of tests and adequate supplies.
- Coordinate patient appointments with referral sources and
families. Collect and maintain referral logs and statistics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology or a related field from an
accredited educational body
- At least 1 year of experience working with patients in a health
or mental-health related field
- Must be able to interact with patients, faculty, and staff with
tact, courtesy, and a professional demeanor
- Must have at least intermediate experience with computer data
- Master's degree in Clinical Psychology
- Experience as a Neuropsychology Technician or equivalent to
those job duties
- Strong analytical skills to contribute to research
- A high level of organizational ability
- Experience with Virtual appointments
- Experience with Epic, Excel, & SPSS
Keywords: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York , Neuropsychology Technician, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!