Porter, Hudson Yards
Company: Delaware North Companies
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Delaware North's Patina Restaurant Group is searching for a
Steward to join our team at 30 Hudson Yards in New York City, New
York. As a Steward, you will be responsible for for receiving,
maintaining, and storing front and back of house restaurant
supplies. Our ideal candidate is highly organized, has great
attention to detail, and is a great team player with a willingness
to step into other kitchen roles as needed to support the team's
- $500Referral bonus for all current associates. Refer someone
who is successfully hired into this role for 90 days and receive a
$500 referral bonus.
- Monitor all deliveries to the unit and properly analyze
invoices and quality and quantity of products. Inspect all products
upon delivery for quality, temperature, and condition.
- Report any faulty or incorrect deliveries immediately to
- Receive, open, unpack, and stock new or transferred restaurant
supplies to its appropriate shelves, racks, tables and service
stations, storing them safe and securely.
- Perform proper rotation of all food and beverage products upon
receipt-first in/first out mentality.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action
where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
- Properly handles and stores all chemicals received.
- Cleans and maintains storage and delivery areas; ensure all
kitchen and dining room equipment is clean, sanitary, and in good
- Maintains receiving log by competently tracking all deliveries
and missing items.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be
reordered or replenished.
- Return dirty dishes, silverware, glassware, and linen to
dishwashing area, washing and sorting appropriately and placing
them in the prescribed area for proper disposition.
- Break down boxes and dispose of them properly.
- Be able to perform opening, mid and closing duties as outlined
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to
three months of previous stock clerk/steward or related experience
and/or training highly preferred; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Basic math skills with ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to multitask but remain organized. Must have a strong
attention to detail and record keeping skills.
- Constant standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach, pull, push, stoop, kneel, crouch,
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up
to 100 pounds.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North Companies, New York , Porter, Hudson Yards, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!