Clinical Coordinator II - NP
Company: Columbia University
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Requisition no: 512317
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Neurological Surgery
- Grade: Grade 105
- Categories: Health/Clinical
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours Per Week: 35
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for evaluation and
management of patients with neurological conditions which may
require neurosurgery. This includes but not limited to patients
with adult spine deformities, adult spinal tumors, adult herniated
discs, adult spinal cysts, adult scoliosis.
- Taking medical histories and performing physical examinations
with attending physician in outpatient setting.
- Prescribing medications, and managing patients by phone as
appropriate; seeing selected patients in routine follow up and for
urgent same day, next day appointments.
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Assisting in coordination of operative schedule.
- Coordinating admissions; preparing patients for discharge,
making daily rounds.
- Coordinating and facilitating patient education both
pre-operatively as well as post-operatively.
- Coordinating multidisciplinary services, participating and
presenting at multidisciplinary tumor board.
- Participating in clinical research protocols using Good
Clinical Practices (GCP) related to patient care.
Master's degree plus one year of nursing experience in addition
to a current New York State NP and RN license. Recent NP graduates
are welcome to apply. Certification by ANCC, or AANP. DEA
Must be able to meet credentialing requirements by NYP.
Experience in neurosurgery, neurology, critical care, or
emergency department care preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified
Applications open: Jan 12 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply Share
Keywords: Columbia University, New York , Clinical Coordinator II - NP, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!