Company: Aetna Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Participates in the design, build, manage and responsible for
successful delivery of large-scale data structures and Pipelines
and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows. Acts as the
data engineer for large and complex projects involving multiple
resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of
- Assists in the development of large-scale data structures and
pipelines to organize, collect, and standardize data that helps
generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Applies understanding of key business drivers to accomplish own
- Uses expertise, judgment, and precedents to contribute to the
resolution of moderately complex problems.
- Leads portions of initiatives of limited scope, with guidance
- Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs
database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline
- Deep knowledge of architecture, frameworks, and methodologies
for working with and modelling large data sets, such as HDFS, YARN,
Spark, Hive and edge nodes and NoSQL databases.
- Strong SQL skills with commensurate experience in a large
- Able to perform code reviews to ensure the code meets the
- Familiar with Data Modelling/Mapping and implementing them in
- Collaborates with client team to transform data and integrate
algorithms and models into automated processes.
- Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and
experience designing & optimizing queries to build data
- Uses programming skills in Scala, Python, Java, or any of the
major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic
- Builds data marts and data models to support clients and other
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they
adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Complete SDLC process and Agile Methodology (Scrum/SAFe)
- Understanding of EXASOL and its usage
- 3-5 years ETL experience on Spark/Scala
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to
analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
- 3-5 years of Database Experience and optimizing queries
- 2-4 years of Experience with source code control systems (GIT)
and CI/CD process (Jenkins/Team City/Octopus)
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging
analytical problems. Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX
utilities & UNIX Commands
- Knowledge Scala, Java, Python, Hive, MySQL, or NoSQL or
- Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience
designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS
- Nice to have AWS knowledge (S3/Redshift/Lambda/Data
- Working experience in Exasol/Redshift/Snowflake is a plus.
- Experience building data transformation and processing
- Expert high-level coding skills such as SQL/PL-SQL and
scripting languages (UNIX) required. Scala is a plus.
- Involved in the design, prototyping and delivery of software
solutions within the big data eco-system
- Requires significant knowledge across multiple areas and
applications, has a significant healthcare business knowledge and
impact to numerous applications
- Good exposure with EXASOL and DB maintenance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer
Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
- Master's degree or PhD preferred.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common
purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are
working to transform health care through innovations that make
quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and
patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the
individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that
puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive
workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or
promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age,
disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and
encourage people with military experience (active, veterans,
reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply
for CVS Health job opportunities.
Keywords: Aetna Inc., New York , Data Engineer, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!