Index Research Technology - Product Owner
Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to be our first Product Owner in
the team building solutions for JP Morgan Global Index Research
Group (GIRG). Our business generates over $50M in revenue each year
by developing industry-leading Fixed Income indices and benchmarks
and we're looking for someone to help play a key role in our
transformation to a product-centric organization. If you're
passionate about building the right technology products in the
right way then this role could be perfect for you.
What Skills & Experience Are We Looking For?
- Identifying internal customer needs by building relationships
with stakeholders and users
- Managing project partners and facilitating technical and
functional conversations at all levels of the organization
- Shaping and managing the product backlog and ensuring the team
consistently deliver against established measures of success
- Using an adaptable set of approaches (e.g. user journeys &
story maps) to gather ideas and requirements for projects and
organize them into an evolutionary roadmap
- Creating a product vision for our teams to follow and help them
plan development in a self-organized fashion
- Validating and testing ideas through frequent feedback loops to
ensure development teams' priorities are aligned to have the
- Creating and maintaining the product's definitions including
the use of customer-facing SLO & SLAs
- Refining high level requirements, including the definition of
acceptance criteria, into deliverables to facilitate ideation at
depth within the Product Backlog Review
How Can You Stand Out?
- Acting as an Agile subject matter expert who can be a role
model, evangelist and visionary in how to develop modern
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of product strategy
- Showing strong interpersonal skills, apply empathy for both the
business needs and the engineering complexity for the problems we
What Experience Do You Need for This Role?
- Extensive experience of large-scale technology projects
- Extensive experience acting as a Product Owner across multiple
and different product lifecycles
What Experience Would Really Help You in This Role?
- Financial Services (particularly in Fixed Income markets)
- Leading agile transformation projects
- Experience as a software engineer
What's Important to Our Team?
We are a fast-paced, high-energy, diverse team based in London,
New York, Mumbai, and Buenos Aires. Innovation, experimentation and
continual improvement are core parts of our culture as we design,
build and test high quality software using Agile practices. We
believe strongly in the value of diverse representation and you'll
get to experience this on a day-to-day basis working with
colleagues across time zones, teams and backgrounds to solve
complex problems for our clients. Every day is different and we
strive to create a supportive environment where you'll be able to
grow and develop your skills as a technologist to maximize your
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
J.P.Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global
leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's
most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust
us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate &
Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages
risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Our
first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving
clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted,
long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse
talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to
our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high
value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase & Co., New York , Index Research Technology - Product Owner, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!