Finance Data Solution, VP
Company: Mizuho Financial group
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Data Solution Unit is responsible for enhancing the data
integrity of the financial regulatory reporting process,
communicating data requirements and ensuring a sound data
governance environment around the financial regulatory reports
submitted to the U.S. regulators and other finance processes.
The Unit also partners with data management office, business
data owners, IT, finance change management team and stakeholders
across multiple functions and geographic locations to identify data
improvement opportunities, provide leadership and solutions in the
implementation of Mizuho's data enhancement initiatives.
This position is primarily responsible for implementing data
solutions for financial regulatory reporting and other finance
processes. In addition, this position supports stakeholders in
identifying data quality and data availability issues and creates
strategic plans to address these issues through collaborative
efforts with multiple business partners.
In addition, this position needs to promote industry best
practice and regulatory expectations on data management. This
includes ensuring preparedness of data solutions for regulatory
examinations. As such, this position requires wide breadth of
expertise in both financial and regulatory reporting pertaining to
financial institutions, excellent technical knowledge in finance /
accounting, experience in data management, project management and
excellent relationship skills to provide leadership in multiple
collaborative work streams.
- Planning, design, and execution of data solution initiatives in
accordance to Mizuho's Data Management Policy for Mizuho Americas
Finance (MAF)'s financial regulatory reporting functions.
- Work closely with Finance process owners (e.g. Financial
Regulatory Reporting Team) to understand related business
requirements. Draft and establish data requirements based on
business requirements and communicate data requirements to data
owners across MUSO.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial and regulatory
reporting requirements and offer solutions to enhance data accuracy
of Mizuho's regulatory filings and other finance processes;
- Create and maintain a centralized Finance data dictionary and
conduct periodic (annual/semi-annual) review to ensure the data
dictionary is up-to-date.
- Work with Finance process owners to ensure data definitions
align with business and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor data deliveries to process owners, investigate,
identify and report data issues to appropriate owners.
- Raise data quality and data availability issues to Data
Management Offices, monitor and ensure satisfactory resolution
meeting the requirements of Finance process owners.
- Work with the Finance Change Team to enhance data delivery
pipelines to process owners.
- Support process owners in UAT testing to confirm validity of
data prior to go-live.
- Work closely with Finance Quality Assurance to ensure
satisfactory and timely remediation of data related issues.
- Work closely with Data Management Office in ensuring Finance
processes adhere to MUSO Data Management Policy.
- Manages the Centralized Issue Tracking process for the Bank
Controller's Department. Prepares and monitors issue management
KPIs and support issue escalation as needed.
- Solve other relevant issues that may arise on an ad-hoc
- Eligible to work in the U.S.;
- Bachelor's degree;
- CFA, CPA certification preferred;
- 8 or more years of relevant experience in managing data for
financial and regulatory reporting and performing regulatory
reporting at a large and complex financial institution;
- Advanced knowledge of financial and banking products;
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, finance, regulatory reporting
and risk management;
- Experience in project management, including running meetings,
tracking issue resolution progress and driving issues to
- Strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills;
- Advance proficiency in performing data analytics using MS Excel
incl. VBA, SQL, MS Access Database, Alteryx, Tableau and other
advanced tools alike
- Advance knowledge of U.S. Basel III capital adequacy
requirements including calculation methodologies and data
requirements for reporting Risk Weight Assets (RWA) preferred;
- Experience in business analyst (BA) functions, complex system
development and data warehouse development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a "can-do" mentality;
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising
several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and
investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset
management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas
connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial
institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast
global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the
Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is
comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000
employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Mizuho Financial group, New York , Finance Data Solution, VP, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!