Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market
social. By building a transparent community of investors and
offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded
companies, we're making the stock market inclusive, educational,
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation
of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently
reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To
support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we're looking
for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to
fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb.
2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors
include Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and
Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The
Chainsmokers' Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor
and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons,
Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone's
We are a very design and creative driven organization, with key
leadership having design backgrounds. This permeates across our
approach to community, product and marketing.
What you'll do:
We're looking for a Brand Designer with 3-6 years of experience
and an exceptional portfolio that shows the right combination of
clear conceptual thinking, a passion for storytelling and flawless
design execution. The right person will have the ability to take
complex ideas and thoughts and translate them into beautiful and
engaging visual expressions - while always pushing boundaries to go
far beyond the expected.
This role is remote for now, but will eventually be based in our
New York office. You will report to our VP of Brand.
- This role will collaborate with teams and individuals across
the organization - leading the charge for all brand marketing
content and initiatives - from a visual perspective..
- You will work to bring our brand to life across a wide variety
of touchpoints and channels, from digital ads, emails and social
media to things like print, merch, video and more.
- Understanding the role of various channels and ways in which
our audience interacts with each, is critical.
- We need our Brand Designer to help solidify and push our brand
identity forward as we seek to create strong emotional connections
with our current and potential community members.
- Executes on established visual, tone, and interaction patterns,
while looking for ways to continuously evolve the brand.
- Follow creative briefs to bring concepts and ideas to life
clearly - aligned with our brand guidelines - and in a way that
reinforces our desire to make the stock market social, and
- Autonomously work, multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast
paced, constantly changing environment.
What we're looking for:
- 3-6 years of experience as a designer for a startup,
established brand or creative agency - with proven versatility
across email, social content, and advertising creative.
- You have an innate understanding of what resonates in culture
and will move the needle with our brand.
- Experience working with creative briefs and collaborating with
designers and other stakeholders (marketing/PR, product,
- A passion for the financial markets and a desire to clearly
communicate complex concepts in an accessible and educational
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Simultaneously a team-player and have the ability to
autonomously work, multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast paced,
constantly changing environment.
- You share in our mission to change the culture of
- This role will be responsible for concepting and executing
across a wide variety of initiatives - take a look at some of our
most recent drops below (i.e. this is not a boring job):
- Portfolio required
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of
all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or expression.
Keywords: Public, New York , Brand Designer, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!