NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered,
integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in
clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200
locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient
locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level
1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and
Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute
designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of
Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and
scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on
LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical
Histology Tech I.
In this role, the successful candidate prepares tissue specimens
for pathological examination.
- Specimen Embedding and Microtomy
- H/E and specialstaining andpreparation ofsolutions
- Slide coverslippingand labeling
- Utilizing,maintaining, andtroubleshooting allequipment;
tissueprocessors (VIP &Peloris), VentanaNexus, XT, andUltras,
and allhistology equipment.
- Utilizing the Cryostat for Preparation ofFrozen Sections.
- Proper use of LIS;Powerpath andOmni-Trax
- Participation insupply inventorymanagement andordering if
- Filing of blocks and slides and slide distribution
- QC/QA Participation
- NYSDOH Licensed as a Certified Clinical Laboratory
histotechnician, histotechnologist, technician, or
- An Associates Degree from a relevant course of study as defined
by NYS clinical laboratory licensing requirements. A highschool
degree will only be accepted if the individual has the designated
experience defined by NYS and has obtained their NYS license
through the grandparenting pathway defined by NYS.
- Experience required is 6 months - 1 year in a surgical
- Exposure to Computer systems.
- Good communication skills.
Required Licenses: Certified Histo Technician-NYS, Clinical Lab
Technician-NYS, Clinical Lab Technologist-NYS
- Bachelors Degree
- One-year experience in a surgical pathology laboratory
- Certification in Histology
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a
place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of,
an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects
of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are
encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual
orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin,
age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or
parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any
other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please
click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law"
poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please