Company: Northwell Health
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Hours: Per Diem/Variable Shift
Evaluates communication disorders and administers therapy
treatments for patients with problems associated with hearing,
speech, and language disorders. Maintains records, monitors
progress, and counsels patients and their family members.
Participates in multidisciplinary consultations.
- Performs diagnostic evaluations and speech/language screenings
for in-patients and out-patients including discharge planning.
- Documents care and maintain records as required; maintains
records on evaluations and treatments.
- Prepares treatment plans and recommendations.
- Screens and assesses patients based on diagnosis and age to
develop an individualized plan of care.
- Discusses findings and collaborates with patients/family on the
establishment of goals.
- Develops program to support performance in the home and
community environment; monitors patient response to treatment and
changes plan, as needed.
- Terminates services when maximum benefit is received and
formulates follow up plan when indicated.
- Provides treatment utilizing Speech and Language Pathology
modalities and techniques.
- Takes an active role in rehabilitation and departmental
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- Master's Degree required, or equivalent combination of
education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Speech Pathologist in New York
State, and Current Clinical Competence - SPL (ASHA) Certification
required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Speech Pathologist, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!